Principal Data Warehouse Cloud Architect REF#:
28552 CBS BUSINESS UNIT:
CBS Corporate JOB TYPE:
Full-Time Staff JOB SCHEDULE:
Full-Time JOB LOCATION:
New York, NY ABOUT US:
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS's businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, TVGN (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group (CBS Studios International and CBS Television Distribution), CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia. DESCRIPTION:
- Leads the technical architecture and design for a new Data platforms.
- Build new and innovative solutions that can help solve business and technical challenges
- Build prototypes and Proofs-of-concept to validate ideas
- Provide architecture and technology leadership across platform in Big Data and Cloud Data technologies
- Help transition from our current Data Analytics infrastructure to a high performance, scalable analytics platform
- Interact with the project team members responsible for developing reports, interfaces, data conversion programs, and application extensions.
- Presents technical information in easily understood terms in both verbal and written form
- Works closely with fellow IT staff and project management to document standards and procedures for the definition of reference architectures (architecture roadmap)
- Interacts and works directly with customer team members on projects and support issues.
- Facilitates communication upward and across project teams
- 6+ years' experience in information technology in the data space
- 3+ years minimum of demonstrable experience in a technical leadership role
- Real time experience in Cloud Data Warehouse implementations
- Strong Knowledge of Data Warehouse architecture and Data Integration concepts.
- Expertise in Informatica Power center and Informatica Cloud
- Experience with Teradata packages, stored procedures, triggers
- Extensive experience with developing, unit testing, break/fix support of Informatica ETL
- Skilled in performance tuning, query plan / explain plan analysis, indexing, table partitioning
- Hands-on experience with major big data platforms and languages such as Hadoop, MapReduce, BigQuery, RedShift, Azure SQL DWH, Kinetica, Python, PHP, Ruby and/or R
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable working with all project stakeholders (business users, architects, project managers, business analysts, developers, test analysts, production support team)Entertainment industry experience is strongly desired
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Master's Degree in a related field is preferred.
#LI-PS1 EEO STATEMENT:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled