Data Warehouse DeveloperDatabase Administrator III Requirement: Secret ClearanceEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following but not limited to:
Individual will serve as an expert in areas relevant to the development of a Data Warehouse for the Medical Electronic Data Care History and Readiness Tracking (MEDCHART) Suite of Applications. Have the ability to interface with Government management personnel and functional proponents for the MEDCHART Suite of Applications in areas regarding the development of the Data Warehouse. Possess the skills to report in writing and orally to Contractor management and Government representatives, including the Government CO and COR.
Individual must have demonstrated experience and ability to translate user manuals and training classes into Data Warehouse applications. Possess the ability to modify and create special purpose software and ensure systems efficiency and integrity. Possess the ability to analyze systems requirements and design specifications. Possess the ability to develop block diagrams and logic flow charts. Ability to translate detailed systems designs into a Data Warehouse implementation. Ability to test, debug, and refine software to produce the required product. Possess the ability to prepare required documentation, including project plans and software program documentation.Requirements include:
Typically requires a four year college degree in field of specialty; however equivalent education and experience (ten plus years) combined may be considered.
- Ability to program in SQL on Windows SQL Server 2008 and above
- Ability to create Extraction, Transformation, Loading scripts in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Ability to create Views and optimize queries within SQL Server
- Knowledge of Dimensional Data Warehouses
- Experience with SQL File Streams
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a closed environment with others
- Flexible and dependable
- Excellent communication abilities
- Coordinates the data administration technical function for both data warehouse development and maintenance.
- Facilitates change control, problem management, and communication among data architects, programmers, analysts, and engineers.
- Establishes and enforces processes to ensure a consistent, well managed, and well-integrated data warehouse infrastructure.
- Analyzes and identifies data and metadata requirements.
- Defines user requirements and database design specifications.
- Designs, implements, and supports data warehousing requirements. Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies.
- Provides product support and maintenance of the data warehouse.
- Performs data warehouse design and construction.
- Prepares/implements data verification and testing methods for the data warehouse.
- Optional: Knowledge of SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence Edition
- Prior military experience or knowledge is helpful but not required
- Ability to obtain a National Agency Check and a Secret Security clearance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study.
- Certifications dependent upon contract requirement
- Candidates may be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- 5-10 years of related work experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
Ability to delegate/split tasks among a team.
- Experience with DBA productivity and performance tools.
Experience with DoD and Federal Government is strongly desired.
- Advanced knowledge of security network and infrastructure tools, including access control and/or encryption.
In depth knowledge of troubleshooting skills and out of the box thinking to overcome data obstacles.
Advanced knowledge of database backup and recovery strategies.
ASM Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.