Do you want to be part of a Data Solutions Delivery team managing hundreds of terabytes of data and building the next generation analytics platform for a leading financial firm with over $7 trillion in assets under management? At Schwab, Data & Rep Technology (DaRT) organization governs the strategy and implementation of the enterprise data warehouse and emerging data platforms.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who has passion for data and comes with significant complex data transformation implementation background. Someone who has experience in designing and coding batch as well as real time ETL/ ELT, and who wants to be part of a team that is actively designing and implementing Enterprise Grade Data solutions. Someone who wants to be challenged every day and has passion to keep up to date on new technologies in the Data Engineering space, set new standards and collaborate with the team members along the way.
Schwab is truly transforming into a data driven enterprise, and you will be on the leading edge of highly visible Analytic Data Solutions & Big Data projects. What you are good at
What you have
- You will be the leading Data Engineer of a team that includes onshore and offshore developers using best-in-class Big Data and relational Data warehouse technologies including MAPR Big Data environment, Talend, Teradata, Informatica etc.
- You will be prototyping data solutions to enable faster access to data for the analytics use case developers
- You will be developing re-usable data solution patterns to enable quick to market data assets
- You will be analyzing & profiling business data on relational and Big Data Environment
- You will be a liaison between the data SMEs and analytics use case developers to facilitate rapid response from DaRT
- You will be mentoring junior resources, enabling their successful transformation into seasoned team members
- You will be enabling the team to successfully support DaRT's transition to Cloud as the primary infrastructure for our Analytic Data solutions
- You'll have the opportunity to grow in responsibility, work on exciting and challenging projects, train on emerging technologies and help set the future of the Data Solution Delivery team
Why work for us?
- Total minimum experience of 8+ years in Data / Software engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years in Big Data batch technologies as a Developer
- Hands-on experience with massive data processing frameworks like Apache SPARK
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on development experience with Informatica 9.x/10.x, Ab Initio, Talend, or other enterprise class ETL tool
- Hands on experience with programming language Java/Python/Scala
- Hands-on experience with Linux and shell scripting
- Hands on experience with CI/CD tools like Bamboo, Jenkins, Bitbucket etc.
- Hands-on development experience with massively parallel processing databases like Teradata, Netezza, Oracle Exadata, etc.
- Minimum 5 years experience with all aspects of data systems including database design, ETL, aggregation strategy, performance optimization.
- Understanding of best practices for building and designing ETL code
- Expert level SQL experience with the ability to develop, tune and debug complex SQL applications
- Proven ability to work with complex data sourcing and transformation
- Proven experience in working in large data management environments such as RDBMS, EDW, NoSQL, etc.
- Demonstrable experience mentoring others
- Expertise in schema design and developing data models highly preferred
- Experience with Real-Time analytic solution implementations highly preferred
- Experience with Cloud based analytic solutions highly preferred
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281 .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.