We are seeking a Data Warehouse Team Lead to spearhead and manage our team of Data Engineers to design, extend, enhance, test and support our Microsoft Azure analytic data platform. This role will lead both on and off-shore resources (3-4). This position has the opportunity for annual bonus and increase in salary, individual insurance premium is 100% covered, and a great matching 401k among other benefits.
The Data Warehouse Team Lead will design and extend the data warehouse schema to support new and disparate data sources, design and build Azure Data Pipelines to populate and update our analytics Enterprise data warehouse. This role will work closely with the Risk, Operations, Marketing, Finance and Accounting teams to source, integrate, and structure data to support enterprise-level analytics across the company.
The Data Warehouse Team Lead must be comfortable working in an Agile environment using Microsoft Azure DevOps (ADO) for work creation and tracking, code management and work coordination.
The EDW Team Lead must be able to communicate in a clear and efficient manner, be able to listen to, and interpret, business initiatives and goals, discuss details in an easy-to-understand way, and translate business needs into technical output.
Successful candidates will become the subject matter experts of our most valuable asset (data) by creating and maintaining a data environment that gives Caliber greater speed to insight and the ability to scale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead daily activities of a team of FTE, onshore and offshore Data Engineers and contractors.
· Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
· Collaborate with other departments to prioritize business intelligence development needs.
· Design and implement data warehouse enhancements and extensions to scale the analytics platform to ingest new data sources and meet expanding business analytics requirements.
· Serve a multitude of functions including data architecture, data integration, ETL/ELT, data stewardship, and systems administration.
· Develop and perform tests on ETL code, analyze data and design data mapping techniques for data modeling.
· Document test procedures for systems and processes, and coordinate with business analysts and users to resolve technical issues and solutions.
· Develop and maintain data pipelines, replication and streaming services.
· Design data flow diagrams.
· Consult with team members to resolve data and reporting issues.
· Work with the development team to enhance/create new data models for analytic consumption.
· Provide management-level communications regarding project performance and business intelligence / data warehouse performance results.
· Proficient in designing developing, automating, and supporting complex applications to extract, transform, and load data in an Agile delivery model.
· Extensive knowledge of coding languages and data warehouse architecture.
· An understanding of different data warehousing concepts for building, enhancing and maintaining a data warehouse in an Agile environment.
· A strong understanding of data and data relationships and be knowledgeable of various database structures.
· Proficient in translating data access, transformation, and movement requirements into functional requirements and mapping designs.
· Experience with unstructured data storage and exploration using the Hadoop file structure.
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to perform deep QA and reconciliation activities.
· Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Highly accountable self-starter with the ability to work well within a group, as well as independently
· Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems.
· Must be able to work under minimal supervision, maintain confidentiality of information, and communicate and work effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
· This role will have direct reports and will manage FTEs as well as onshore and offshore contractors.
Education and/or Experience
· 8+ years of designing and implementing Data Warehouse solutions.
· 8+ years of developing SQL queries and/or data structures for analysis purposes.
· 3+ years team lead experience with proficiency in leading both with direct reports and onshore/offshore contractors.
· BA/BS degree in computer science, information systems, or a related analytical field is preferred but not required. Relevant experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Azure, Data Factory, SQLServer and Azure SQL Database.
· Proficiency in warehousing architecture techniques including MOLAP, ROLAP, ODS, DM, and EDW.
· Proficiency in multiple reporting / analytic toolsets including Power BI, SSRS, and SAS.
· Proficiency with SQL, T-SQL, SAS, and Visual Analytics.
· Proficiency in the entire SDLC with solid experience in testing, issue resolution and production rollouts.
· Proven work experience as an ETL Developer.
· Dimensional modeling experience.
· Extensive knowledge of coding languages including PL/SQL.
· Experience with Python and/or R a plus.