Job Title: Senior Datastage Administrator
Our direct client, based out of Las Vegas, NV, is one of the top names within the Hospitality and Entertainment industry. They are hiring a Senior Systems / Business Intelligence Administrator.
The Senior Datastage Administrator will have a strong understanding of principles, concepts and best practices to develop and monitor policies and standards for the use of computing resources. They will be detail-oriented, with the ability to demonstrate strong adherence to procedures and protocols for operational support service tracking and ticketing.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze system requirements and performance to optimize systems configuration for stability.
- Develop scripts and automate routine tasks. Install, configure and monitor content management, gateway instances.
- Set up distributed load balancing environments to ensure 100% uptime.
- Set up administrator and service accounts, and maintain system documentation.
- Provide support for systems testing and validation activities.
- Leverage use of Active Directory groups to control object level, data-level security.
- Administer and manage server metadata, compute and middle-tier applications.
- Install, modify, document, and maintain system configuration and changes.
- Implement and configure new systems, applications, and features.
- Document project specific processes and data flows, data dependencies, data definitions and relevant business rules to support the Data Governance team.
- Monitor and maintain production, test, and disaster recovery application environments to ensure compliance with security standards and meet availability and performance SLA targets.
- Identify, investigate and resolve production alerts and problems involving complex systems and contribute to problem reviews.
- Collaborate with technical support staff, infrastructure engineers, vendors, project managers, and business users to identify and address business requirements in the areas of process design, interface development, testing, user training, and implementation planning.
- Understanding of one or more of the following platforms (Oracle ERP, Azure Synapse, Snowflake), ETL tools, Cloud IAAS/PAAS scripting tools
- Demonstrated experience, as a programmer, systems analyst, database analyst or data warehouse specialist.
- Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable systems architecture, with high availability, performance tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection.
- Support maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and interfaces across various platforms.
- Administer virtual application delivery platforms and assist with infrastructure planning and management.
- Experience managing multiple enterprise platforms and maintaining cross platform integrations.
- Experience configuring, maintaining, administering, monitoring & troubleshooting on premise or cloud infrastructure including Active Directory, Domain Controllers, file sharing & provisioning.
- Experience with security & risk assessments related to infrastructure, including patching, vulnerability management, monitoring of systems logs & alerts, standardization, & incident response.
- Experience creating scripts to identify, respond, automate operations and report on system events and metrics.
- Expertise in source code and version control tools.
- Networking experience in switching, routing, firewalls and High Availability architecture.
- Document Systems architecture and procedures for the administration and maintenance of all supported environments.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award-winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Please respond with your most current resume and anything else you'd like us to know about you. Also, feel free to email Nina Schindler at or call at .