CNSI, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, has established strong domain expertise in prominent industries, including Health, Defense and National Security, Government IT, Homeland Security and Transportation. We employ a world-class team of professionals who have experience with large scale mission-critical IT implementations. CNSI is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland and we are on site in more than 10 cities worldwide.
CNSI is looking for a Mid-to-Senior level ETL Programmer/Developer, preferably having experience in IBM® InfoSphere® DataStage®, to be responsible for successful delivery of data migration and data conversion for a large-scale health care payor's billing/payment and/or worker compensation solution. The Programmer/Developer will work with the Migration Manager in developing the data migration plan, define the data conversion architecture, identify the sources of data, develop mapping from source to target, oversee data quality analysis, perform data migration testing, and be a key member of the system cutover team. This role will work cohesively with functional, application / database development teams, subject matter experts, database administrators, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams. This client facing Programmer/Developer will maintain excellent client relationships within the context of the role.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in meetings and discussions with Functional/Technical Leads to understand the requirements and build out a design.
- Support the data conversion team in data analysis, leveraging legacy data sets and proactively provide the results of the analysis to the client / internal teams to help accelerate legacy data corrections and/or formalization of business rules for effective data migration.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure the code written complies with the company standards and policies.
- Proactively enhance your own ETL InfoSphere® DataStage® and PL/SQL skills by learning new practices, frameworks and standards.
- Prepare the Requirements and Design documents.
- Write/maintain SQL and PL/SQL stored program units/packages and maintain coding standards.
- Write unit tests (document and code) for the PL/SQL stored program units/packages. Support the proper unit testing of conversion artifacts to ensure smooth transition to System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Support Production Operations as necessary.
- Mentor other ETL/DataStage developers in enhancing their skillsAccountable for data migration requirement analysis, design, development, testing, and execution.
- Maintain data conversion development standards leveraging CNSI's best practices.
- Interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Minimum Background Investigation (MBI).
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline, with recent experience of at least 5 years' experience as an ETL/DataStage Developer
- Hands-on experience managing and working with IBM® InfoSphere® DataStage® (preferably Version 11. *) or similar Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) solutions supporting large-scale data conversions / migrations / consolidations or data warehouse implementations.
- Familiarity with the integration of the IBM® InfoSphere® tool suite (metadata, glossary, lineage, data quality, Information Analyzer).
- Solid facilitation skills to gather the necessary information required to document and/or develop a plan - strategic/tactical.
- Oracle 10g / 11g / 12c experience is a must.
- Excellent SQL query / tuning experience.
- Good PL/SQL programming skills.
- Should have prior experience migrating very large datasets from legacy / non-legacy systems to On-line Transaction Processing (OLTP) database based systems.
- Sound understanding of data reconciliation processes and methods for ensuring high quality converted data for a smooth transition from the legacy to the newly instituted system.
- Significant experience & demonstrated proficiency in various aspects of database programming by using the Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS). Sound knowledge of Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and/or related technologies that encapsulate SQL, including Triggers, Procedures, Functions and Packages.
- Experience in query / ETL optimization, debugging, and performance tuning for improving the end-to-end timing / performance for data migrations.
- Good knowledge / experience with UNIX and shell scripting.
- Excellent communication (oral / written) skills and the ability to interact with multiple teams in a diverse setting encompassing both technical and non-technical users.
- Must be willing to work independently and/or as part of a team in an energetic, team-oriented environment managing systems of varying size/complexity with a fast turn-around time.
- Ability to apply innovation, creativity, and improvement to the data migration/support processes and to be able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively is a necessity.
Following skills would be a "PLUS":
- Experience in a healthcare/insurance domain, "a plus".
- Experience with State/Federal government projects, "a plus".
- Experience with enterprise data exchange tools such as Mule ESB or Oracle SOA.
- TOAD/Oracle Developer hands-on is preferred.
CNSI is focused on hiring and retaining the best and the brightest. For that, we offer employees a rewarding career path and benefits that exceed the industry norm. In addition to a solid compensation package, CNSI provides employees a range of benefit programs designed to support you and your family. Below are just a few of our programs.
- Annual and Other Paid Leave
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plan
- Disability Insurance (Short & Long Term)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- College Savings Plan
- Tuition & Training Assistance
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program & More!
CNSI maintains a policy supporting equal employment opportunity. Employment decisions at CNSI are made without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic status, family responsibilities, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state, or local law. We are proud of our diversity and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.