Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve's National IT organization-a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you'll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better. Bring your passion and we'll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It's all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!About the Opportunity
Database Administrators provide operational support in production environments where change control, incident management, and compliance policies and procedures are enforced. They also act as technical resources for the Markets Group's major projects and will assist with the implementation of code deployments and infrastructure components.What You Will Do:
- Responsible for computer system activities associated with the installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring, maintenance and security of databases in the organization.
- Designs, develops, modifies, tests and evaluates programs for functional areas.
- Analyzes existing programs, formulates requirements for new systems, performs coding and tests/debugs programs.. Follows transition and system implementation plans.
- Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards.. Assists users in transition and implementation of new systems/programs.
- Under technical direction/ super-vision, performs routine infrastructure support tasks, including daily health check, routine implementation of customer requests, documenting configurations and procedures.
- Participates in daily support of the infrastructure by conducting timely follow-up and resolution of problem tickets
- Participates in post problem analysis, investigates root cause, documents and implements preventive measures and improvements.
- Participates in project activities to support major infrastructure or application projects.
- Works with customers and assists senior engineers to document/ implement customer requests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
- Knowledge: General knowledge pertaining to concepts and principles in functional area. General knowledge of department/business lines, Reserve Banks, and / or System operations, policies, procedures and technologies.
- Communications: Strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail are required. Acts as a team player, is cooperative and encourages collaboration.
- Risk Management: [The individual] is responsible for understanding and applying risk management discipline in decision making, and contributing to his or her function`s risk management.
- Decision-Making: Works under direction with infrequent checks; follows established methods and clear-cut policy. Makes decisions when general instructions or established methods indicate action to be taken.
When you join Federal Reserve's National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Full Time / Part Time
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
- Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship or three or more years of Permanent Resident (Green Card) status.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
Full time Regular / Temporary
Regular Job Exempt (Yes / No)
Yes Job Category
Information Technology Work Shift
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.