St. Louis, MO Description: Supervisor - Database Administration:St. Louis, MOFull TimePlease contact Dustin LaGrand at 314-678-2704 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Supervisor of Database Administration and SQL Development is responsible for leading, managing, securing and coordinating enterprise-wide database administration covering all development, QA, reporting, and production databases. This individual serves as the Senior DBA who must design, install, monitor, maintain, optimize and oversee SQL developer initiatives while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing and managing database policies and procedures to ensure the security, integrity, and availability of databases as well as all supporting third party softwareQualifications & Requirements:
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Candidate must possess seven or more years of proven experience as a Database Administrator/SQL Developer on the SQL 2008 or higher and Oracle environments using Windows operating system (2008 or higher).
- 3+ years in a supervisor/team lead role in a development/database management environment is required.
- Requires proficiency (5+ years) using MSSQL 2005/2008/2012/2016/2017 and Oracle environments, Microsoft Office, Visio, and Outlook.
- Data encryption technologies such as TDE, PGP/GPG, Vormetric.
- SQL monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, RedGate.
- Knowledge of configuring multi array SQL server and SAN Environments is a plus. Microsoft SQL Azure and VMWare management is also a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines or periods of high workload which may require additional hours.
- Excellent communications; ability to convert user requirements to solutions and ability to consistently foster teamwork with all employees is a must.
- Must be accurate and timely in completion of assigned projects. Proven subscription to the company's core values of integrity, trust, and respect, innovation
- Provides managerial direction and performs personnel administrative functions of direct report staff (e.g., training, supervising, mentoring and coaching, work assignments, timecard approvals, performance evaluations, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing productivity of staff and ensuring necessary department outcomes are achieved.
- Provide leadership to the DB team in managing scope, issue resolution, project priorities, support, and operations to the business.
- Facilitate agile teams' delivery with a high degree of quality and timeliness. Coordinate installation, upgrading, and patching of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) systems. Oversee database monitoring, tuning, and optimization.
- Responsible for database encryption security. Promotes capacity planning for all database environments. Manages database access and data security. Work with application, system architects, and subject matter experts to evaluate the logical data models and design the corresponding physical database structure and ensure standard control procedures are followed.
- Directs the physical schema design, including primary indexes, and referential integrity constraints.
- Manages overall delivery and support process to ensure sustainable DB practices such as automation, process documentation, production support, optimization, and monitoring. Leads in the development of database standards and procedures.
- Establish benchmark criteria for evaluating alternate database products.
- Function as technical liaison for database-related project activities; provide on-call support.
- Assist in the implementation/upgrades/enhancements, testing, and installation of technology solutions.
- Assist development teams in troubleshooting and stabilizing production issues. Ensure consistent database back-up/recovery.
- Maintain data integrity and environmental security to improve information privacy, data protection, and compliance with regulations, audits, and business requirements.
- Develop and implement backup, recovery, and business continuity strategies. Maintains methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Develops security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in business continuity planning activities for the enterprise.
- Design, develop and maintain simple and complex SQL scripts, stored procedures, function, and other code to solve a wide range of business needs. Automate database maintenance tasks using native SQL and third party tools. Prioritize work for the DB team according to business needs.
- Critically evaluate existing and proposed designs and code for accuracy, performance, and security during DB team code reviews. Collaborate with third parties and other departments to deliver a best-in-class database ecosystem for the enterprise. Provide on call/after-hours support as required. Be a mentor for assigned team personnel.
- Monitor individual and team performance of assigned staff on a regular basis. Provide performance feedback to assigned staff positions, including preparation of performance reviews.
- Establish individual goals for assigned team members and benchmarks for their performance. Collaborate with technical teams, business stakeholders, product managers, and project managers to identify business and technical requirements to use in developing solutions.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com