Database Administrator - Mid-Level - Redis
ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission-oriented Database Administrator to work at Ft. Detrick in Frederick, MD. The Database Administrator will perform as a thought leader and expert responsible for data migration and conversion efforts. This work is in support of a suite of systems that are instrumental in the management of Medical Logistics (MEDLOG) business processes in Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs), warehouses and in-field environments. Scope of Work/Skills:
- Redis Database Administration hands on experience
- Experience installing and configuring of Redis on Linux
- Experience in Redis Database clustering, geo replication, monitoring
- Experience with shard migration, failover, carrying out maintenance activities in live Redis cluster
- Experience adding and removing of nodes in existing Redis cluster
- Work with operations to deploy Redis updates, patches and version upgrades when required
- Experience designing, executing backup and recovery
- Analyze, Triage and resolve database technical issues efficiently and implement solutions and/or workarounds that solve the business problem as part project delivery team
- Experience supporting Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities to include documentation and resolving database-related POA&M findings.
- Experience contributing as part of an Agile team.
- Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic customer centric environment.
- Highly motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Desired Education Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience as a Redis DBA. Some Mongo, PostgreSQL, GreenPlum, SQL Server, and Oracle experience a plus.
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field.Security Requirements:
- Position of Trust
- Possess an approved IAT Level I, or higher, certification: A+, CCNA Security, Network+, SSCP
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at