DescriptionAbout this roleYour team
The Database Operations Team
is an integral part of Platform Operations (PO) which sits under the broader Aladdin Product Group. Platform Operations is responsible for operating and engineering the reliability, stability and performance of the firm's financial systems including Aladdin and ensuring its availability to our business partners and customers.
Our team's primary focus is to ensure continuous availability of BlackRock's critical transaction processing, data warehousing, data replication and distributed data processing platforms.Your role and impact
Data is the backbone of any world-class financial institution. We ensure the resiliency and integrity of that data, while providing instantaneous access to a large global user base at BlackRock and across many Institutional Clients. As preeminent specialists on database technology, our team is involved in every facet of system design, implementation, tuning and monitoring, using a wide variety of industry-leading database technologies. The team develops its own solutions to provide analysis and insight and automate to scale.
Although the team's specialty is database technology, in order to excel in our role, we need to understand the environment that our technology operates in; understanding of the business needs, the application server stack, the interaction between the database software, the operating system and host hardware are significant factors allowing us to deliver the best service possible.
We are passionate about performance and innovation. From the top of the firm down, we embrace the diversity of values, identities and ideas brought forth by our employees and offer phenomenal flexibility to enhance work life balanceYour responsibilities
- Engineering, Administration and Operations of OLTP, OLAP, Data Warehousing database platforms and distributed No-SQL platforms
- Collaboration with Infrastructure teams, application developers and business teams across multiple time zones to ensure the highest quality service to the Aladdin users
- Automation and Development of database operational, monitoring and maintenance toolsets to achieve the desired Scale and Efficiency
- Database Configuration Management, Capacity and Scale Management, Schema Releases/Consistency, Security, Disaster Recovery and Audit Management
- Management and ownership of Operational Incidents including root-cause analysis of critical issues, resolution and mitigation
- Experience with any database platforms like: Apache Cassandra, Microsoft SQL Server, SAP Sybase ASE, Oracle, PostgreSQL and data warehouse platforms like SAP Sybase IQ, Greenplum and Snowflake
- Exposure on Public Cloud Platform offerings like Microsoft Azure, Amazon (AWS) and Google (Google Cloud Platform)
- Exposure to programming languages like Python, Perl, Java and Go; source control systems like GIT and Azure DevOps
- Experience on Automation tools like Ansible/AWX; Operating Systems like Linux and Windows
- A passion for interactive troubleshooting and operational support and keen attention to detail, critical thinking and the urge to drive innovation
- Boundless creativity and a desire to constantly learn new technologies
- A belief in data driven analysis and problem solving and knowledge and drive to scale technology to the needs of tomorrow
If any of this excites you, we want to talk to you about your new role in our team!Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate
| Twitter: @blackrock
| LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.