Red Oak Technology is seeking a Database Administrator for our client located in San Francisco, CA for a Contract to hire position.
**Must be local candidate due to multiple onsite interviews**
The role seeks a MySQL DBA who is experienced in replication for multiple sites. The person will be responsible for build, maintain, ensuring the performance, availability, and security of already existing multiple sites. The person will be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of databases.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Experience with MySQL 5.7
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management and replication
- 2-3 years of experience with MySQL version 5.7
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL is a strong plus