Description Job Description:
Are you ready to work on programs that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where we FIGHT for our employees, one round at a time! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Safe Work Environments and more.Program Summary
Pending contract award, the Leidos Intelligence Group will have a career opportunity for a Database Administrator on a new, large, multi-year contract for systems engineering, integration, software development, testing, configuration management and training to develop, modernize and sustain Mission Management, Mission Assessment, Sensor Control and Execution (Mission Execution), and Sensor Cognizance functions within our customer environment.The Database Administrator (DBA) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Maintain the integrity, security, and availability of database(s)
- Establish and maintain database user accounts
- Administer, maintain, and Implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes
- Evaluate requirements and recommends available DBMS products
- Provide server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE
- Perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability
- Support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations
- Coordinate database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBE)s
- Direct the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database
- Direct the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views
- Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies
- Eight (8) years experience as a DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required to be considered for this position.
CSSTBcareers.leidos.com/CONMD External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Database ManagementPay Range: