Manages service operations of corporate database systems to ensure secure data access and acceptable performance for reporting, applications and data warehouse solutions. Proactively plans and budgets for capacity and projects having database implementations. Supports strategic roadmaps through value add projects and tactical incremental shifts to standard technologies and processes.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures databases are operating within expected thresholds and tolerances and actively monitors database servers. Takes corrective action as outlined in operational procedures in response to alerts.
- Establishes operational procedures and practices. Sets database operational monitoring thresholds and reviews logs and events to make adjustments to operational thresholds and processes.
- Develops maintenance plans and upgrade/patch processes and schedules.
- Applies change management scripts and performs routine operational support tasks according to documented change control procedures.
- Assigns and audits permissions and database access based on documented roles and authorizations.
- Optimizes procedures, views and queries based on user reported issues or system performance problems.
- Documents database system configurations and operational procedures.
- Manages environments to meet multiple projects and upgrades in accordance with maintenance plans developed in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Evaluates database technology alignment with application needs and corporate data management requirements.
- Establishes governance practices and processes to ensure corporate data compliance and overall data protection assurances. Develops technical roadmaps and data strategies to achieve corporate goals and expectations.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems
- 5+ years experience implementing and operating database technologies
- Proficient Microsoft SQLServer infrastructure planning, deployment, operations and optimization T-SQL, SSIS, PowerShell, Analysis Services, DAX, SpotLight, SourceControl (tfs/git)
- Agile methodology experienced DevOps automation
- Standard Edition Oracle operations management
- Azure or AWS Resource Management and PowerBI Capacity Management
- Familiar with cloud strategies that deliver value having some cloud migration experience
- Familiar with Oil and Gas data systems:
- FlowCal, Kingdom, Aries, OSI-PI AF, ArcGIS-SDE
- Familiar with Oil and Gas business functions
- Production Reporting, JIB Accounting, Regulatory, Field Operations Education Requirements:
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field of study, or substantial relevant experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certification in Advanced Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Information Technology Software Management (ITSM)
- LEAN and/or Six Sigma, preferred but not required
- Microsoft MCSE/MCSA Database Systems Administration preferred