- Responsible for data integrity
- Responsible for developing and executing data migration between development, test, production and Disaster Recovery environments.
- Responsible for backup/restore procedures.
- Responsible for performance tuning of databases.
- Responsible for regular maintenance of production, test, and development databases.
- Work with System Administrator to perform upgrades and patches to database engines.
- Work with development staff on new database designs.
- Work with developers to troubleshoot application problems related to the database.
- Provide ad-hoc reports using SQL
- 5+ years as Oracle experience
- 3+ years of Oracle 11g and 12c databases including RAC, Active Data Guard, RMAN, and other Oracle Utilities (Data Miner, Data Pump, SQL Loader, EM 12c Cloud Control)
- 2+ years Linux experience
- 3+ years of Oracle Enterprise Manager including use of diagnostics and tuning packs to isolate and troubleshoot/tune issues.
- 3+ years of creating, upgrading, and patching Oracle 11g and 12c environments on Linux/Unix.
- 2+ years of creating/updating advanced SQL, PL/SQL, and procedures/packages/functions.
- Willingness to take initiative, and learn new technologies on the job.
- Preference will be given to employees of GA state, or any other state/local/federal employee in the DBA capacity will be preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field from an accredited college or university AND six years of database management system experience OR Associate’s degree in an IT related field from an accredited college or university AND eight years of related experience OR ten years of Oracle database administrator experience.
NOTICE: Due to the large number of applications received by this office, only applications selected for an interview will be notified for final applicant selection. Human Resources maintains the discretion to close the job announcement prior to the closing date if a significant number of applications are received.
If you need an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact our Human Resources office at 404-656-3697.
All selected applicants for State Board of Workers’ Compensation positions will be subject to a State of Georgia driver’s record check and a criminal background investigation before final approval to begin work.
The education, license and/or certification indicated on your submission will be verified.