SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.,
it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. Database Administrator Sr
Responsible for the full range of database development, support activities and detailed analysis.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Database Administrator Advisor
- Develops database designs based on business requirements.
- Reviews and revises database designs and ensures that all technical and business requirements are met.
- Builds database structures based on detailed design.
- Performs database testing to ensure performance is met and compare with expected results.
- Provides support during the system implementation and production.
- Suggests new features, coding techniques and reference material. Identifies gaps in scripts and procedures. suggests options for implementation of features.
- Provides 24x7 production and non-production DBA on-call support.
Achieved mastery of all Database Administration best practices, standards, policies, methods tools and procedures. Focus is on the proficient delivery of Database Administration services while leading the Database Administration team's use of tools, techniques and processes.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against Covid-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Anthem approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws. Database Administrator Sr Minimum Qualifications:
- Works with senior Business and IT partners to identify, prioritize and lead the development and implementation of Database Administration standards, policies, methods, and procedures building consensus with all parties.
- Leads highly complex Database Administration projects and efforts.
- Oversees physical database creation and maintenance in production and non-production environments.
- Builds and supports required database test environments.
- Accurately estimates Database Administration effort for any size project covering the projects database needs.
- Identifies and defines standard procedures and processes, ensuring compatibility with vision and direction. Works with Business and IT partners to identify, translate, and prioritize the most complex database architectural requirements.
- Instrumental in providing guidance to subordinates in best architectural practices in maximizing the database performance.
- Troubleshoots the most difficult database problems, recognized expert and go-to person.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years experience in information systems and/or database administration or related disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Database Administrator Advisor Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience with DBMS performance management and monitoring tools strongly preferred.
- Experience in utilizing DBMS system management tools and implementation of new features and functionality strongly preferred.
- Requires BS/BA in Computer Science or Information Technology or a related field of study and a minimum of 7 years industry experience in Information Systems and/or experience in Database Administration or related disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience utilizing DBMS system management tools and implementing the majority of new DBMS features and functionality strongly preferred.
- Experience with leading junior DBA's and onshore/offshore resources strongly preferred.
- Experience in utilizing DBMS systems management tools and implementing new features and functionality strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.