SHIFT: Day Job
Your innovation. Our impact . At Anthem, Inc.
, it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you'll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions and programs that can truly make a difference at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.Database Administrator Senior/Database Administrator Advisor (hiring level based on experience)
The Database Administrator Senior
is responsible for the full range of database development, support activities and detailed analysis. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops database designs based on business requirements.
- Reviews and revises database designs and ensures that all technical and business requirements are met. Builds database structures based on detailed design.
- Performs database testing to ensure performance is met and compare with expected results.
- Provides support during the system implementation and production. Suggests new features, coding techniques and reference material. Identifies gaps in scripts and procedures. suggests options for implementation of features.
- Provides 24x7 production and non-production DBA on-call support.
The Database Administrator Advisor
achieved mastery of all Database Administration best practices, standards, policies, methods tools and procedures. Focus is on the proficient delivery of Database Administration services while leading the Database Administration team's use of tools, techniques and processes.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications Database Adminstator Senior
- Works with senior Business and IT partners to identify, prioritize and lead the development and implementation of Database Administration standards, policies, methods, and procedures building consensus with all parties.
- Leads highly complex Database Administration projects and efforts.
- Oversees physical database creation and maintenance in production and non-production environments.
- Builds and supports required database test environments.
- Accurately estimates Database Administration effort for any size project covering the projects database needs.
- Identifies and defines standard procedures and processes, ensuring compatibility with vision and direction.
- Works with Business and IT partners to identify, translate, and prioritize the most complex database architectural requirements.
- Instrumental in providing guidance to subordinates in best architectural practices in maximizing the database performance.
- Troubleshoots the most difficult database problems, recognized expert and go-to person.
Requires BA/BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field. 5 or more of industry experience required in information systems and 5 or more years of experience in database administration or related disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Requires detailed business knowledge, detailed technical design knowledge, knowledge of database administration techniques and database administration tools. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required. Leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others. Experience with DBMS performance management and monitoring tools. Proficiency in utilizing DBMS system management tools and implementation of new features and functionality preferred.Database Administrator Advisor
Requires BS/BA in Computer Science or Information Technology; 7 + years industry experience in Information Systems and 7 + years experience in Database Administration or related disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Demonstrated leadership ability with any size groups and superior communication skills; verbal, interpersonal and written. Experience and demonstrated proficiency utilizing DBMS system management tools and demonstrated proficiency implementing the majority of new DBMS features and functionality preferred. Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability direct junior DBA's and onshore/offshore resources. Ability to create/give presentations to project teams/groups. Experience in utilizing DBMS systems management tools and implementing new features and functionality preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.