Oracle Database Engineer Apex systems the 2 nd largest staffing firm in the nation is currently seeking a an Oracle Database Engineer to join our client's team. This position is located in Sunnyvale, CA, and is a great opportunity to advance your technical career with an industry leader! Please send all qualified resumes to Joe Measell (Network/Infrastructure Recruiter) at Key Details of the Database Engineer: Location:
Sunnyvale, CA Duration:
12 months Core Functions:
Database Engineering Technologies:
Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle ATG, Python Additional:
As a Contractor, you'll receive weekly pay, healthcare benefits, 401K program, ESPP (employee stock purchase program), virtual training program, access to technical training license with cert boot camps for 120+ IT certifications, and more
The Relational Storage team is responsible for the Database Engineering and SRE support for all services using Relational Storage at our client. We manage Oracle/MySQL stores for services with wide ranging applications both internal and external.
We are looking for a highly motivated Database Engineer to make a real impact on our daily production operations and in managing our Oracle and/or MySQL environment. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for the evaluation and implementation of new database use cases, performance tuning, root-cause analysis and issue resolution across complex database environments.
- Design and Optimize logical and physical design of database systems and help onboard new products to use Oracle.
- Design and setup database replication using Oracle Golden Gate
- Optimize database performance
- Develop database capacity estimation models, and methods for monitoring capacity and usage
- Design, Develop and support server monitoring and automation using Python
- Be part of On-call 12x7 support.
- Demonstrated experience with relational database physical design, performance tuning, and capacity planning
- 5+ years of database experience working in a production environment
- Experience with open source/Linux development
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Oracle (MySQL Knowledge Added advantage)
- Programming Experience with Python and infrastructure development
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or