This position is located in the Department of Employment Services (DOES), Office of Paid Family Leave (OPFL), Information Technology Project Team. The mission of the OPFL is to plan, develop, and administer a paid-leave system for individuals employed in the District of Columbia under the provisions of the Universal Paid Leave Amendment Act of 2016. The Paid Leave Act provides up to 8 weeks of parental leave to bond with a new child, 6 weeks of family leave to care for an ill family member with a serious health condition, and 2 weeks of medical leave to care for one’s own serious health condition. To administer this legislation, the IT Project Team will work on the development and deployment of a paid-leave system that includes the collection of paid-leave insurance taxes from employers in the District of Columbia, and the disbursement of benefits to claimants who qualify for paid-leave insurance payments. As an increasing number of states begin to establish PFL programs, the District continues to strive to stand as a leader in industry preferred practices.
For more information regarding the Office of Paid Family Leave's mission, please visit: https://does.dc.gov/page/district-columbia-paid-family-leave
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide efficient and effective support of all OPFL-supported database systems to meet or exceed operational availability and performance requirements.
- Provide timely and effective database systems maintenance and repair support on database systems necessary to ensure maximum availability and performance of those resources.
- Provide efficient performance monitoring of database systems, and issue timely and accurate notification of database outages to management.
- Support, maintain, and enhance as required, established strategies for database administration to ensure continuity of business operations and timely recovery in the event of disaster.
- Collect, store, and analyze data relevant to databases to perform and report accurate root causal analysis of all related issues and to support trend analysis and forecasting.
- Ensure effective change control and configuration management of database systems to establish and maintain consistency of each application's performance and its functional and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life.
- Ensure all database system-related data and documentation is added to and maintained current within Knowledge Database and Document Library to provide efficient access to a complete and current source of relevant structured and unstructured data.
- Ensure all periodic extract, transform, and load jobs are executed in accordance with application requirements.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for operation, maintenance, and repair database systems.
- Ensure information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices are applied in the delivered data management services.
- Provide after-hours monitoring and timely problem resolution for databases commensurate with the mission criticality of the affected system(s).
- 10+ yrs database design, documentation and coding
- 10+ yrs SQL experience
- 10+ yrs designing and implementing reports and report interfaces
- Programming with SQL Server 2005/2008, 2012, 2014 SQL stored procedures, user defined functions, cursors and query batches
- Experience managing databases related to critical and high available applications
- Building and maintenance of data warehouse
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare, HyperV, Oracle VM, or Xen)
- Experience with SQL Server Replication, Change Data Capture, Log Shipping, Resource Governor and/or Database Mirroring, AlwaysOn
- Working experience with log shipping, database mirroring and windows clustering
- Experience with scalability analysis
- Experience with PowerShell and/or BI stacks -- SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Experience of database design including table partitioning, structure, data types, index management, and permissions.
- Tools exposure for Schema comparison and data comparison
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
- Experience analyzing business processes and performing in-depth work analysis
- Working High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
As a District of Columbia Government Benefit- Eligible Employee, you can choose to enroll in our benefits program and enjoy:
- Supplemental medical coverage
- Prescription program
- Dental coverage (DHMO premium cost is covered 100% by the District)
- Vision coverage (Available at no cost to eligible employees)
- Term life Insurance plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Family Leave
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Aflac Indemnity Plans
- Apple Employee Purchase Program
- Capital Bike share
- Departments of Park and Recreation Fitness Center
- MINT Health Club
- Vida Fitness
- Six Flags
For a full overview of available benefits, please visit: https://dchr.dc.gov/page/employee-benefits#post1987