Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
Engility is seeking a SQL Database Administrator (DBA) to work in Colorado Springs, Colorado to be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the health of the various databases housed at the MMC and alternate location. The candidate shall optimize the Web Databases (U/S/TS) for query performance. This means checking for inefficient query statements, optimizing the use of storage space and making development recommendations to improve performance. In this position, the applicant will work in a team environment to ensure all major elements of the mission area are operational on a 24x7 basis.
- The DBA shall develop and execute ad hoc and canned queries to support operations. This involves working with operators to determine reporting needs, preparing and executing queries, scheduling reports, and preparing and executing ad hoc query requests.
- Examples may include queries for reports with the following types of information:
- Creating a query to generate a report listing all devices reporting for a given time frame.
- Creating a query to generate a report of the number of device reports by Group for a given time frame.
- Creating a query to generate reports for trending analysis (number of devices per device type broken down by day/hour). This is useful to determine future growth and identifying possible bottlenecks.
- The DBA shall perform direct database manipulation as required. For example: bulk import of devices and bulk changes as necessary.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI Clearance
- BacheloraEUs Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or closely related degree from an appropriately accredited institution and 5 years of experience.
- Five (5) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a BacheloraEUs Degree.
- DoD 8570.01 (IAT Level II) compliant with one of the following certificates:
- CompTIA Security CE
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server features and database administrations tasks.
- Designing and implementing Microsoft SQL Server database environments.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server architecture, maintenance, and support.
- Migrating data to new platforms; Consolidation and/or conversation of database instances.
- System and storage resource management.
- Backup/recovery techniques.
- Develop database maintenance and management processes.
- Experience with a scripting languages such as Unix/Linux Shell scripts, Python, or Perl is a plus!
- Experience with supporting enterprise or government IT systems or architectures.
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here . Department: