The Company is seeking a Database Administrator, who will be involved in the ongoing support of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 and our other enterprise systems. This role will manage all SQL Servers, and their respective databases, across the enterprise. This role will serve as the Dynamics AX system administrator, while also facilitating data warehousing, reporting, and analysis across the company. The position will report to the Manager, Site Systems & Infrastructure.
- Responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining consistency within our database architectures.
- Responsible for maintaining 99.999% uptime on all production SQL Server instances throughout the enterprise.
- Responsible for data quality across the enterprise.
- Responsible for assisting with our Business Intelligence (BI) efforts.
- Responsible for database maintenance activities, maintaining our recovery point and recovery time objectives, and producing auditable evidence to demonstrate policy compliance.
- Responsible for serving as the system administrator for our Dynamics 365 implementation.
- Responsible for building and maintaining our Azure-based SQL Server environment.
- Provide guidance and training in SQL to other members of staff.
- Work alongside other members of the IT Department to resolve issues with SQL Server-based applications.
- Responsible for creating database system documentation.
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Information Technology with enforcing and implementing Enviva’s Information Technology policies, procedures, and security measures.
- Maintain positive relationships with our end users and our vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Limited project-based travel to our operating sites may be required, but will be less than 10%.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems.
- At least 5 years of IT experience, with 3 years of Microsoft SQL Server DBA experience.
- Proven experience in interpreting business requirements and providing solutions.
- Microsoft SQL Server certification is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the system development life cycle required.
- Experience supporting a tier-1 ERP is required.
- Migrating data via SSIS experience is required.
- Microsoft Azure experience is strongly desired.
- Experience with SSAS and SSRS desired.
- Experience meeting deadlines and managing multiple priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff.
- Strong analytical abilities, organized with attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Must be a team player, and work well as a part of our Site Systems & Infrastructure Group.
- Must be able to follow our established protocols and best practices within IT.
- Ability to shift work hours as required by scheduled projects and/or unscheduled urgent support requests.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing duties of this job, the employee is predominately functioning in a sedentary light office position with high frequency of telephone communication, keyboarding, and computer. Position requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate technical issues / resolution.