SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This position can be filled at Database Administrator I, Database Administrator II or Database Administrator Sr. The hiring manager will determine the level, based on the candidate's experience and background. Duties and responsibilities Database Administrator I Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Database Administrator II
- Provides ongoing support in production through tracking and making corrections and implementing enhancements.
- Builds database structures based on detailed design.
- Designs databases and ensures database design complies with database strategies.
- Performs database testing, tracks and corrects defects and performs re-tests.
- Provides support during the system implementation.
- Determines Database requirements for projects.
- Reviews SQL code and provides tuning suggestions.
- Provides user management and DBMS security support.
- provides 24x7 production and non-production DBA on-call support.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing detailed logical data designs and metadata content.
- Works on more complex database design, development and support activities.
Database Administrator Sr
- Creates and populates metadata and plans and participates in unit testing for data validation.
- Evaluates test results for fulfillment of all data requirements.
- Develop conceptual or general designs, including logical design of databases, access methods, metadata presentation, etc.
- Details all aspects of functional designs, including record layouts, pseudo-code, detailed data mapping, etc.
- Productionalizes data-related project components and institute all required changes.
- Provides ongoing support of business, including ongoing data analysis, data quality testing, enhancement of metadata, etc.
- Reviews SQL code and provides turning suggestions.
- Provides DBMS technical configuration and troubleshooting.
- Provides user management and DBMS security support.
- 24x7 production and non-production DBA on-call support.
Responsible for the full range of database development, support activities and detailed analysis. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications Minimum Requirements: Database Administrator I
- Develops database designs based on business requirements.
- Reviews and revises database designs and ensures that all technical and business requirements are met. Builds database structures based on detailed design.
- Performs database testing to ensure performance is met and compare with expected results.
- Provides support during the system implementation and production.
- Suggests new features, coding techniques and reference material.
- Identifies gaps in scripts and procedures. suggests options for implementation of features.
- Provides 24x7 production and non-production DBA on-call support.
Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 1 years information systems and/or database administration or related experience preferred or an approved IT internship; or any combination of education and experience.Database Administrator II
Database Administrator Sr.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 3 years of information systems experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in utilizing DBMS system management tools and the ability to implement new DBMS features and functionality strongly preferred.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years experience in information systems and/or database administration or related disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with DBMS performance management and monitoring tools strongly preferred.
- Experience in utilizing DBMS system management tools and implementation of new features and functionality strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Anthem approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.