Kforce has a premier client in Madison, Wisconsin (WI) that is looking to add a Database Administrator to their team on a contract to hire basis.
This person will be joining a team of talented, data focused professionals and be working in an Agile environment on a variety of projects and tasks. You will be working on a blend of Oracle and SQL databases. Our customer is utilizing some brand-new tools including Oracle Exadata Cloud at Customer, Oracle GoldenGate, Azure, among other state of the art tools. This person will also be responsible helping support backup and recovery strategies, data security practices, maintaining multiple environments via an object migration model, supporting/responding to abnormal conditions, capacity planning, process improvements, and working with multiple roles across the IT Department. There is an "on-call" rotation that would require this person to be available 24/7 during their on-call shift.
* 3-5 years of experience in the design, administration, programming, and support of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases
* Demonstrated experience working well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise in high-pressure situations and complex environments
* Experience working with end users to develop effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
* Oracle experience with versions 11.2, and 12.2, using RMAN for backup and recovery, Data guard, Oracle Enterprise manager, and database configuration
* SQL Server experience with versions 2016 and 2012, and database creation, configuration, security, and backup and recovery
* Teamwork - Work cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results; Act to promote a healthy work climate, good morale and cooperation between team members; Promote teamwork by building commitment and maintaining optimism
* Customer Orientation - Ability to listen and respond effectively to customer questions; Ability to resolve customer issues with a focus on customer satisfaction for all internal and external customers; Use a team approach when dealing with customers; Ability to follow up and evaluate customer satisfaction with a focus on exceeding customer expectations
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.