Coordinates and provides a wide variety of complex professional level work in the analysis, design, installation, configuration, implementation, administration, problem solving, and technical optimization of complex database systems and database management software in the mixed and client server environments; provides complex and responsible technical support for database management systems and related system software to ensure database quality, integrity, and performance; coordinates with systems and technical support staff; assists with technical design and development of complex databases; and performs other complex and responsible technical tasks relative to the administration of the county's databases.
Hourly Wage: $33.91 - $45.43
- Maintains responsibility for planning, design, installation, tuning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of county-owned databases and related support tools.
- Regularly performs capacity planning and optimization of database instances to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Routinely performs upgrades and applies patches to stay current with the latest releases to reduce vulnerabilities and avoid databases becoming obsolete.
- Implements security measures and database hardening to safeguard sensitive information and prevent data loss.
- Deploys and regularly reviews monitoring and logging of database performance and transactions for suspicious activities.
- Analyzes and resolves database issues using technical tools and following best practices.
- Plans, monitors, tests, and documents the results of database backup and recovery processes on a regular basis.
- Follows the internal Change Control processes when implementing database changes.
- Develops and maintains formal documented processes and procedures for ongoing management and maintenance of the database environment.
- Works closely with project teams, software developers, technical support groups, external vendor, and the client to ensure a smooth implementation and operations of database services.
- Develops and maintains a technical roadmap to ensure currency of the database environment.
- Supports the transition to cloud computing databases and Software as a Service technologies.
- Assists application developers with scripting, data analysis, and report development as needed.
- Serves as an expert within a technical area and educates others on technical issues.
- Administers tools related to business intelligence and reporting services.
- Provides technical support after-hours on an as needed basis.
Other Job Duties
- Participates in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) related field of study from an accredited institution; AND
- Three (3) years of database analysis and design experience; AND
- Three (3) years of database administration experience, which may be concurrent with #2; OR
- Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience relevant to the position.