Join Provident’s outstanding team as a Database Administrator to provide enterprise-wide, Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams. This role is crucial to our growing organization and we encourage you to become a member of the Provident Team!
Provident Credit Union was established in 1950 and we rank among the top 10% of credit union in the US. We believe having a culture that is accepting, supportive, diverse and inclusive makes us all better. We are a winner of the Bay Area News Group Top Work Place 5 years in a row. Our mission is we Listen, Get Better and Do What’s Right for each other and our members.
The SQL Server DBA is responsible for database architecture, implementation, configuration, maintenance, performance, security, capacity planning, database migrations, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery of all SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of applications. Works with Teams within IT and vendor staff to set up and maintain various Microsoft SQL Server databases which support transactional applications and the data warehouse.
Responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Data Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools.
Education / Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 8+ years of professional experience in a Microsoft SQL Server database administration.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience working with Windows servers, including Active Directory.
- Experience with replicated and load balanced systems.
- Experience setting up and managing SQL High Availability Group Environments
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory.
- Understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures.
- Progressively learns about new technologies, SQL features and functions.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Well-rounded Strong analysis, communication, interpersonal skills and project management skills are essential.
- Familiarity with reporting tools.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Great written and verbal communication skills needed to bridge gap between various stakeholders - internal and external, technical and non-technical.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) – required
- MCSA Windows Certification – preferred
- Microsoft Certified IT Specialist (MCITS) - preferred
Benefits You will enjoy:
- Fully paid health insurance premiums for employees
- Quality medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with up to 150% matching employer contributions
- Strong commitment to investing in your career and educational advancement by offering up to 100% Tuition reimbursement for approved courses
- Annual bonprofit sharing
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays and additional summer time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Provident membership
- Wellness programs: Yoga, Tai Chi, in-house gym
- Rate discount on home, auto loans and personal loans
- Walking distance to restaurants
- Close proximity to Cal Train and restaurants