Database Administrator About the Role:
Day to Day:
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing and production usage.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of databases and ensure data is stored securely.
- Performs capacity planning required to create and maintain databases.
- Assists development to insure resilient, tuned code is being produced.
- Participates in the 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Perform ongoing tuning of database instances.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up and meet Recovery Point Objectives.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Determine, enforce, and document database policies, procedures, and standards.
- Install and configure SQL Server.
- Implement High Availability/Disaster Recovery technologies such as AlwaysOn, clustering (FCI) and mirroring.
- Review and deploy developer written database upgrade scripts.
- Apply vendor patches and version upgrades when required.
- Identify underperforming code and assist development with tuning when required.
- Deploy SQL Server Integration Services packages and SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
- Implement encryption (TDE) where appropriate.
- Enforce corporate and departmental standards.
- Implement replication including changes to existing publications.
- 2+ years of SQL Server database administration experience.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, and T-SQL.
- Experience with High Availability/Disaster Recovery technologies such as AlwaysOn, clustering and mirroring. Previous implementation a plus.
Who We Are:
- Experience with replication and database encryption a plus.
- Problem solving and good analytical skills.
- Both a team player and independent thinker.
- Understanding of database design principles.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Continually explore existing and emerging database technology.
- Cloud-based DBMS (AWS, Azure) experience a plus.
- Sybase experience a plus.
- Knowledge of data backup, recovery, and security.
- Linux shell scripting.
- Create user logins and with required permissions.
- Add OS disk spaces to become Sybase disk spaces.
- Add server disk spaces (data or log) to a database.
- Familiarity with Sybase replication manager.
We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client's unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney.Our Culture:
We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients' unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debate. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo - all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture. SS&C Eze is an equal opportunity employer.