This is a new permanent opening for a client located in Highland Park, IL. They have good benefits, bonus and a great working environment.
Target Bonus: 7.5% of salary based on management objectives
401K & Pension.
1 Day work remote.
The Oracle Database Administrators role is to ensure stable operation with our Oracle Databases and their infrastructure that support our critical back office applications.
- Installing and maintaining Oracle database software across all environments.
- Creating storage database structures with high-level security features.
- Altering storage structures to meet the evolving needs of the company.
- Setting up database user accounts.
- Training users on how to access the information in the database.
- Finding and debugging malfunctioning programs affecting the database integrity and integration.
- Creating autonomous database backups and gathering statistics routines.
- Regularly updating the database security protocols.
- Performance Tuning as needed to maintain high availability and efficient processing.
- Performs on-site analysis, diagnosis of complex database problems, and recommends and implements corrective solutions including off-site repair as needed
- Monitor/Provide recommendations on management of disk space and growth
- Review performance logs, event logs and system logs
- Perform routine maintenance to systems as needed
- Troubleshoots problem areas in a timely/accurate fashion in person, by phone, or via email
- Prioritizes issues and documents resolution using the JIRA Tracking Software
- Participate in Disaster Recovery Exercises
- Assists in other areas of Information Systems as needed
Associates in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
Related Work Experience
Requires a Minimum of 3+ years of equivalent work experience in addition to a college degree
General Required Skills:
- Familiarity with Oracle database design, coding, and documentation.
- Knowledge of database backup procedures, recovery systems, and SQL.
- Knowledge of programming languages and API.
- Ability to visualize algorithmic structures.
- Linux/Unix certification preferred
- Proficient in SQL, Red Hat Linux, UNIX, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Products