This position will be located in Tampa FL.
Your Talent. Our Vision. At America's First Choice
, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. GENERAL PURPOSE:
The SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of SQL database management system. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Database monitoring, administration, upgrades, backup, and disaster recovery planning & testing;
- General responsibilities include maintenance of multiple environments (development, testing, and production), including patching, troubleshooting, object maintenance (e.g. partition, table, index, users/roles) creation/maintenance, space management, SSIS & SSRS deployments, and security management.
- Add and maintain users on the SQL Servers Databases; assigning application (SQL) access, ensuring security, and maintaining their configurations are within standards;
- Work closely with remote DBA services vendor to support day to day management of database environments and ensure database stability and performance.
- Work with cross functional IS teams to accommodate the database design and administrative needs, such as working on effective solutions for database implementations and deployment of database changes to the higher environments.
- Develop an expert knowledge of applications being used to provide high levels of support to users;
- Participates in the development of long range planning for new projects and facilities; serves in an advisory capacity on database procedures and methods.
- Designs, documents, and implements effective utilization of resources for optimal performance and enforces database standards and database use guidelines.
- Ensures that external and internal regulations and policies governing data management are met including regulations concerning security, audit ability and privacy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
An undergraduate degree with a technical major such as Information Technology, MIS, or Computer Science from an accredited institution of higher learning required; minimum 5 years of experience working as a SQLServer database administrator required; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to: work from designated office for collaborative/interactive fulfillment of duties; concentrate in an open-office "cubicle" environment; appropriately and directly interact with other staff members and/or outside associates; perform telephone and/or computer work for extended periods of time; operate office equipment such as computer, telephone, and copy/scan/fax machine; attend and participate in meetings via phone, computer, or in person.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION:
- Experience managing SQL Servers 2016/2014/2012/2008R2, SQL Clustering, and SQL Backups.
- Must have extensive experience with TSQL, with good understanding of OLAP and OLTP databases of SQL 2008 and above.
- Strong Experience with database recovery solutions, such as backups and restores with good understanding of transactional process of SQL Server databases.
- Strong SQL Server database maintenance and performance tuning skills.
- Expertise in database replication, mirroring and other high availability methodologies.
- Experience with SQL server version upgrade and migration.
- Knowledge and experience of database management in cloud environment i.e. Azure, AWS etc.
- Knowledge of database performance monitoring tools i.e. Solarwinds DPA.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Results-driven with the ability to take initiatives, handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience creating data models, ERDs, writing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including good grammar, voice and diction.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
MCSA/MCSE in SQL 20016/2014/2012. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that should be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee frequently is required to manipulate or use objects, equipment, tools, and/or controls.
May require specific vision abilities to perform this job.
Ability to lift, carry or exert items or objects of reasonable weight. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Attendance at employer worksite is an essential job requirement.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position . Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.