Job Purpose: Plan, design, install and maintain university database systems. Provide technical support and expertise in all functions associated with database systems management and infrastructure configuration including security, performance, recovery, integrity and availability.
- Install and upgrade databases, application software and other software related to database management system administration.
- Create, configure and modify database objects, storage parameters, database parameters.
- Monitor and administer database management system security including adding and removing users, administering quotas and detection and resolution of security issues.
- Implement database backup and recovery processes.
- Monitor and tune databases to optimize performance.
- Troubleshoot database problems and implement corrective measures as required. May interact directly with users on database-related issues.
- Migrate database objects and programs from one environment to another.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Four to five years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires expertise in specific database systems. Systems vary and will include security and relational databases.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: Four plus years of experience working as an Oracle DBA. University experience is a plus
- Preferred Certifications: OCP is a plus
- Preferred Skills: Proficiency working in Linux and bash shell scripting. Development, architecting, installing, and configuring Oracle RDBMS, RMAN, Data Guard, OEM 13c, Ellucian Applications (BANNER), and Weblogic. This would include applying enhancements, security patches, and upgrades to these systems, providing approaches for isolating and troubleshooting technical issues, and proactively monitoring system security, health, performance, and trends in capacity utilization. Experience with AWS, Ansible, Jenkins, and Puppet is a plus.
Additional Information: N/A
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: IT analysts and programmers, other database administrators, customers, IT leadership and project management. This position typically will advise and counsel: IT analysts and programmers, other database administrators, customers, IT leadership and project management. This position will supervise: NA.
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides information technology leadership and support to the Georgia Institute of Technology, working in partnership with academic and business units to meet the unique needs of a leading research university. OIT serves as the primary source of enterprise-wide information technology and telecommunications services in support of students, faculty, staff, and researchers.
The Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) Directorate is comprised of several key groups working cooperatively together to implement, enhance and support the strategic institute initiatives and projects related to Georgia Tech’s enterprise administrative/business and academic information systems.