VariQ is seeking a highly qualified Database Administrator to support our client.
* Location: 145 1st Street, N.E. Washington, DC
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: Public Trust
* Availability: June 2019
The Database Administrator responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Level one and two user support functions
* Serves as backup system administrator when necessary.
* Perform operations management and oversight of application and database physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure to support Windows and Linux based environments for GOT, COTS, custom and mobile applications
* Establish and utilize application and database monitoring tools.
* Support incident and problem troubleshooting
* Ensure security of application data, and patch level compliance of application, databases and host environments.
* Supports Change Control Board (CCB) procedures.
* Assure Service level, Application, database and network performance troubleshooting and restoration of application and database service levels.
* Support Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL, Big Data (Drupal, Hadoop) and open databases products.
* Respond to Service Event and Alert Management of application and databases.
* Maintain and collects Environment performance metrics analysis and reporting.
* Use Dashboard Monitor and analysis of application and database log analytics and telemetry to monitors database an application resource usage, and performance monitoring to avoid service disruption.
* Lead incident and problem monitoring, response
* Automates Multi-tier application and database deployments; scripted runbook creation, maintenance and deployment; and resource management tasks using PowerShell, graphical and 3rd party scripting tools.
* Performs application, database and environment configuration and patch management.
* Leads planning, configure and deployment of security patching of applications and databases.
* Performs backup and restore, recovery, and account management of Application and databases.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree
- 5 years of experience
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: IT Security