What is the purpose of this position?
Right now, we are searching for an outstanding, brilliant, & driven Specialist Database Administrator (DBA) to join our DevOps team. In this role, the Specialist DBA will provide SQL Server administration, design, and development support in our diverse, fast-paced, & growing environment. The Specialist DBA will also analyze system performance, database performance, system health checks, and collaborate with Application Engineering teams to tune new and existing database access interfaces. This role provides plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development, while interacting with a positive, open team that is supportive of continued knowledge sharing and team advancement.
Looking for some details?
- Performs system and application monitoring and alerting related to the SQL Server environment
- Works with the Application Engineering teams in maintaining stored procedures, indexes, etc.
- Automates Systems Management tasks
- Conducts Performance Analysis and tuning, specifically in a .NET/MS SQL environment
- Operationalizes new technologies introduced into the environment
- Works with the Business Product Owners to identify priorities for Application Development and enhancements; acquires resources for projects to fit the current and future needs of the Business
- Participates in an on-call response rotation (24x7 environment)
- Additional duties as assigned
Do you fit our team?
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking, advanced problem-solving, and troubleshooting
- Experience administering MS SQL Server (versions 2008, 2012, 2014, & 2016)
- Knowledge of High Availability solutions, such as Mirroring, Replication, Clustering, & Always On (Availability Groups)
- Understanding of database security users and roles
- Basic performance monitoring and analysis of SQL queries
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills, integrity, and personal responsibility
- Eager to learn new technologies & take personal responsibility/ownership for technical projects
- Ability to review data scripts and communicate feedback to teams
- Can effectively write performant SQL queries
- Understanding of data recovery techniques from backup/restore
- Can effectively monitor real-time transaction processing and identify issues
- Experience with clustered database setup
- Thorough understanding of database replication techniques, including Always On
- Can effectively communicate and guide Application Engineering teams in SQL development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years’ experience
- 3+ years’ experience in query optimization and performance tuning, using SQL Profiler and other troubleshooting tools, such as the SolarWinds Data Performance Analyzer
- Permissions/User Management experience is highly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, SSIS, SSAS or PowerShell
- Work-from-Home Options
- 401k Employer Match
- Casual Dress Code
- Work/Life Balance
- On-site Café
- Paid Parental Leave
- Three Weeks Paid PTO
- Volunteer Day
- Nine Paid Holidays
- Multiple Medical Plans
- Bonus Programs
- Onsite Game Room
- Performance Recognition
- Wellbeing Program
- Loads of Swag!