Business Group Highlights Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply Agile teams to participate in IT development and maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for building, upgrading and sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The JETS team will work collaboratively with government customers and other contractors in a team-based scaled flexible and scalable approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The Database Developer Lead will provide technical database leadership on program as the database expert for the customer's technology challenges. The DB lead must work with full stack developer interfaces to ensure an integrated solution, and will work as a technical innovator on an agile team to research, test and build the conversion and/or integration of new solutions using the latest CI/CD technology. The DB Lead applies knowledge of Oracle database designs to improve processes, generate valid requirements, and ensure that these are consistent with the customer's enterprise technical architecture. The DB Lead must be able to communicate with management, technicians, and end-users to evaluate the options prior to development of an automated solution. The DB Lead also projects long-range requirements for database administration and design.
The JETS program is at the forefront of DevSecOps and the DB lead will be part of an agile development team responsible for application delivery management through a process of user story development and rapid responses to critical customer challenges.
- Designs, creates, and maintains Oracle databases in a client/server and web environment for mission critical production applications.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server and web environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications and database transactions in application code as well as in stored procedures.
- Advises users on access to various client/server and web databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Responsible for building and deploying database updates to real-time production, working with several environments and QA process.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Designs, develops and normalizes database schemas.
- Provides maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Analyzes user needs, develops user stories and decomposes to database solutions.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Reviews and optimizes PL/SQL statements.
- Evaluates database design tradeoffs, impacts on user expectations and performance levels.
- Performs as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices. Collaborates frequently with other team members. Mentors other DBAs across the agile teams. Shares best practices with all DBAs.
- HS Diploma and 1-4 years experience or Bachelor's in Computer Science/Engineering and 0-2 years experience.
- Proficient in PL/SQL, specifically the ability to develop stored procedures, packages, functions, triggers, and SQL code.
- Optimize queries, implement performance tuning, and build complex scripts.
- Build and analyze data models, ensure data integrity, and resolve data issues.
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and mentor other DB Developers with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- Oracle certification (12c preferred)
- Experience in the following technologies and tools: Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic (VB), C#
- Experience with the following technologies:
- .NET core
- Angular JS
- HTML 5
- GitHub, JIRA experience
- Familiarity or experience with DHS, specifically USCIS
- Experience working in an Agile team
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Options Apply for this job onlineApply Share Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)