Why Work Here?
Delivering People Powered Agility! Work for the top boutique agile consultancy in the DMV area.
Agilious is looking for a top-notch, Database Architect to join our Agile Software Product development practice. Our Agile software development team works closely with our customers to design and build powerful, yet easy to use web-based custom enterprise and SaaS platform based software applications.
Being part of a fast-growing technology team means having a lot of opportunities to learn. You will be directly contributing to the success of the team and the company in a highly visible way. As a member of the team, you will be working with talented developers to architect and develop cutting edge applications using the latest in web development and database technologies in the Microsoft stack.
This is a leadership role, and candidates need the knowledge, talent and enough years of IT experience to demonstrate that.
What You Will Do
- Architect, develop and design new components or improve the existing components in high transaction highly scalable platform.
- Be the owner and driver of database schema and architecture for the specific software modules and how they interact with other internal and external enterprise applications.
- Responsible for the data layer architecture of the platform.
- Design and maintain the multi-tenancy and data security mechanism for the platform.
- Collaborate in the extensibility of the architecture by incorporating modern database architecture principles with a SaaS best practices in mind.
- Responsible for the security, performance and scalability of the application from database architecture and engineering perspective.
- Take existing DB model/design and remove technical debt by rearchitecting the model with contemporary best practices and design.
- Research and implement new technologies.
- Develop technical documentation about the DB schema architecture and design of the system.
- Work closely with development, product management and quality assurance colleagues to build the expected functionality with quality.
- Mentor team members on developing optimal data queries, store procedures and DB best practices.
- Follow software engineering standards and best practices.
- Perform code reviews.
What You Will Need
- 8+ years of work experience of architecting Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Excellent understanding of data modeling and data schema design along with expertise with ERWin or Similar tools.
- Excellent understanding of SQL and DB queries and tuning.
- Expert knowledge in data mart and data analysis/integration tools (like SSAS, SSIS, etc).
- Extensive experience with data migration of large volume of data.
Why Work at Agilious
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way:
- We hire smart people.
- We encourage our team to raise their hand when they see opportunity to change our existing processes
- We value culture and believe our business thrives in the diversity of our teams.
- We offer company paid medical benefits that are designed to support our employees.
- We offer competitive salaries and a 401(k) plan with profit sharing.
- We operate like a startup with a proven business model that's growing fast!
- We have Casual dress code (jeans are welcome).
- We have an amazing professional development program allows you to stay current and on top of your field.
- We are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- We encourage creativity and embrace change.
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- We collaborate with our leadership team on a daily basis to ensure vision alignment and transparency as an organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Agilious LLC:
Agilious' mission is to deliver people powered agility! We assist organizations in achieving the highest levels of business agility through the pragmatic application of Agile and Lean methods. As passionate practitioners, we bring over 17 years of real-world Agile and Lean experience to serve our clients in enhancing their organization s Agile DNA. We accomplish these results via ground breaking business agility practices, coaching, training, and agile product development.