Salt Lake City, UT. - Remote
10-month contract (Full Time/Part Time/Moonlighting)
Pay Range: $40.00- $48.00.
Our client is looking for a Data Architect that's expected to design and build relational databases for research data storage and/or processing. This project will go until June 2023, then they'll revaluate and if the project's been a success, they hope to get more funding to continue, but it's not a guarantee. The Research Informatics team is responsible for managing software applications built both in-house and purchased commercial off the shelf (COTS) in the support of various groups at HCI. Research Informatics team members work closely with laboratory scientists, clinical researchers and population scientists on requirements, design, project management, testing, and implementation to provide systems solutions and coordinate overall delivery of software applications.
Because of high demand for software solutions from Research Informatics, and the complexity involved in some research initiatives, the selected candidate will be expected to build data models and define the structure, attributes, and nomenclature of data elements, evaluate new data sources for ease of integration, create queries and reports for research, and follow/improve RISR standards and framework/architecture.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build data models and define the structure, attributes, and nomenclature of data elements.
- Meet with customers to gather requirements and capture/improve processes.
- Follow/Improve departmental standards and procedures.
- Document new requirements and design or make changes to existing documentation in Confluence.
- Work on a team in a scrum/agile environment.
- Work with DBAs to make appropriate database changes.
- Work with developers to make appropriate application changes.
- Provide support to customers on new/existing applications as the need arises.
- Write SQL queries as needed to create reports for customers.
- May need to integrate with COTS systems as needed.
- Act as team lead or mentor depending on project need.
- Evaluate new technologies and provide input on them.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or similar field; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a data architect.
- Build data models
- SQL on Oracle or SQL Server
- Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes.
- Experience as a team lead or mentor.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience managing and integrating systems from multiple vendors.
- Experience developing web-applications.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle, and willingness to work within it.
- Ability to manage projects independently.
- Software engineering background
- Collaborating with software engineers
- Healthcare data; sensitive data.
- Experience with Tableau.
- Experience developing in Java, Hibernate, UML, Angular and JEE concepts.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com