Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
Seeking an experienced Cloud Data Architect to contribute to Eclipse microservices-based application. The ideal candidate is a professional with experience in designing, developing, validating and communicating enterprise-wide data solutions using modern tools and cloud technologies such as AWS.Responsibilities
- Design and develop enterprise-wide database solution in a micro-system environment utilizing AWS cloud technologies and/or MS SQL Server.
- Assist in designing multi-phased cloud data strategies, including crafting multi-phased implementation roadmaps
- Design and implement scalable cloud microservices database solutions and strategy, and the microservices adoption process within the organization to solve complex business solutions.
- Architect, integrate and configure applications to fully utilize Microsoft SQL Server and Cloud native Databases technologies that support complex, highly available, and resilient database systems
- Serve as a subject matter expertin a cloud platform; research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving exciting and complex development and integration problems
- Monitor database efficiency, ensure high availability, and maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems, fine tune the database environments and perform capacity planning
- Implement and maintains cloud database environments, troubleshoot and resolve database performance issues
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new platforms
- Deeply involved in designing and deploying end to end solutions with a cloud platform's analytic services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
- 10+years of data engineering and/or data warehousing experience
- 5+ years of deep experience building cloud data solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Snowflake)
- Deep hands on experience with high availability database technologies, such as MS SQL Server, MySQL, Cloud Databases (RDS, Aurora, MariaDB, Cosmos, Azure SQL etc.)
- Extensive Experience in leading, designing and implementing Cloud Data strategies, including designing multi-phased implementation roadmaps
- Proficient in a relevant programming language for cloud platform e.g. SQL/NoSQL as well as Python/Java/C#/Unix
- Hands-on experience with big data application development and/or with cloud data warehousing (e.g. Spark, Redshift, Snowflake, Azure SQL DW, BigQuery) is a big plus
- Working experience with version control platforms e.g. Git
- Experience with AWS EBS Volume technologies
- Strong micro services and programming skills
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills
- Team player and the ability to work effectively within a group as well as self-motivated with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills and a working knowledge of agile development, including DevOps concepts
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.