We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Database Architect to join our team in Alexandria VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC and CBP.
• Develop an understanding of the customer's data environment through data profiling and statistical analyses
• Execute complex SQL queries of large Oracle table(s) efficiently. (Note: Advanced command of SQL is important - beyond just simple PROC SQL commands in SAS to include perhaps something like Toad or Oracle SQL Developer.)
• Obtain, scrub, explore, model and interpret data currently stored in Oracle databases - using SQL and other data mining tools/techniques
• Provide accuracy and biometric sample quality based on machine learning and statistical analyses
• Lead DBA for Amazon RDS/Cloud DB
• Provide Cloud DB sizing recommendations
• Provide data modeling including schemas, tables, indexing...etc
• Create/manage DDL and DML for multiple databases
• Work with DBA leads for other databases
• Support developers with recommendations
Required Experience and Skills:
• BS Degree in (Computer Science, Engineering, etc) and 9 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with developing predictive models on accuracy using large data sets for high transactional volume environment
• Experience with evaluating and measuring performance of models
• Should have a firm understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, etc.).
• Perform the above tasks using Python or R.
• Possess the ability to perform with little direct supervision as a self-starter.
• Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Expertise in PL/SQL including optimization/permission
• Ability to be a thought-leader in the area of analytics/data science with respect to entity resolution as it pertains to the customer's mission.
• Ability to generate written documentation of all work performed.
• Have a customer-focused demeanor.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand and analyze data models - how the data is stored in relational databases
• Ability to understand system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real time decision making
• Good understanding software application architecture and develop integration approaches for predictive models
• Prior experience in working in a mission oriented environment a plus
• Experience with statistics, modeling and machine learning techniques a plus
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Ability to work effectively in a high energy and a very rapid dynamic environment
Preferred Experiences and Skills:
• Conceptual understanding of - and/or prior experiences related to - calculating FAR/FMR, FRR/FNMR, TAR, TNR and False Alarm Rate.
• Conceptual understanding of - and/or prior experiences related to - data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).
• Conceptual understanding of - and/or prior experiences related to biometric performance using ROC, DET, CMC curves, Identification and detection rate curves and so forth.
• Conceptual understanding and knowledge of ISO/IEC 19795-1:2006 (or ISO/IEC NP 19795-1).
• Advanced - Master's degree Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Computational Statistics preferred
• Clearance - Must be able to obtain a CBP BI Public Trust before starting work.
• Citizenship - ====
• LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria)
My SAIC Benefits.