SAIC is seeking a Database Architect to serve in a key Task Order position. The chosen candidate will establish database management systems, standards, requirements, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design and architecture.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with development teams to translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the Sponsor's flow of data
- Make recommendations to maximize operating efficiency, support storage requirements and vendor software updates; enforce data governance; ensure recovery is maintained
- Participate in quality assurance and develop test application code in the Sponsor's server environment
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establish goals to meet objectives
- Provides guidance to development teams in order to achieve goals in accordance with established standards and policies
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Interact with all levels of management on significant technical matters
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or IT-related discipline and 10 years+ of experience with designing, implementing, and tuning relational databases Desired Qualifications
Experience designing and migrating databases to cloud environments, including AWS
My SAIC Benefits.