SAIC is looking to fill a position for a Database Developer/Analyst to provide analysis and design of business systems for different applications such as: financial, accounting, human resources, and other enterprise systems. Handle test scripts and service requirements; work closely with end users on project development and implementation. Developer/Analyst will:
- Have a working knowledge of relational database environments, structured analysis, data modeling, information engineering, mathematical model building, sampling, and cost accounting to plan the system.
- Specify the inputs to be accessed by the system, design the processing steps, and format the output to meet the users' needs.
- Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to help management decide whether implementing the proposed system will be financially feasible.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
The successful candidate will join a team that primarily provides support of a service-oriented architecture, working closely with corporate IT services and infrastructure teams. The Database Developer/Analyst will also work with database technologies including relational databases, ETL, data warehousing, shell scripting, job scheduling, testing tools, reporting, business intelligence, and web services. The Database Developer/Analyst will create and maintain documentation and will contribute to establishing project objectives and planning. The database developer/analyst will have a hand in requirements, analysis, and design. The development responsibilities will also include testing, configuration management, implementation, integration, and production support. Qualifications
- BS/BA and five (5) years of professional experience in database development, or eight (8) years of experience, two (2) of which must be in database development
- Experience with SQL scripting and relational databases
- Minimum of one year of experience designing, analyzing, configuring, testing, and supporting software solutions
- Hands-on experience in the full data lifecycle areas of
- Complex SQL querying
- Can start uncleared but must be able to obtain and maintain DOE Q clearance (must be U.S. citizen). DoD clearance also acceptable.
- Experience with data warehousing utilities such as Oracle ODI, Informatica, or SSIS
- Experience with analytics
- Experience with Java and/or .NET development
- Experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Experience with a job scheduling system
- Solid understanding of the full systems engineering life cycle (requirements, analysis, design, implementation, and testing)
- Experience working in Agile methodologies
- DOE L or Q clearance or DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
My SAIC Benefits.