Altruista Health, Inc., is seeking an experienced professional to join our dynamic and growing health care technology company as its Database Developer. Located in Reston, VA, Altruista Health is a leading developer of patient-centric and customizable care management solutions for health plans and providers. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, we’re building solutions that positively impact people’s lives. If you're looking for a fun place to work while performing meaningful work with a fantastic and growing team, come join one of the Washington Metropolitan area’s fastest growing companies! Highlights include:
- A competitive compensation package
- High quality health care plan, including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Disability and life insurance coverage
- 401(k) Plan with matching contributions and no waiting period
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Client Management & Service Delivery, the Database Developer will work with a global team of customer-oriented technical support personnel to enhance the quality of service delivery to our clients. As a member of the Company’s Customer Support Team, the position will provide hands-on problem resolution of complex Level 2 technical issues identified by end users of the Company’s care management applications. The position will also assess Level 3 technical issues and coordinate with appropriate resources to resolve them in accordance with applicable Customer SLAs. The successful candidate will have experience developing software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; trouble-shooting and resolving complex technical issues; and designing and implementing improved support processes and operations. The end goal is to ensure that customers are served with the highest level of service, and that the company is represented in the best way possible.
- Work cross-functionally with a global support team to ensure the highest level of support and responsiveness is applied to the company’s nationwide customer base
- Confer with users to gather information, analyze technical assistance requests, and use deep technology skills and experience to trouble-shoot and resolve complex, Level 2 technical issues and coordinate with appropriate resources to resolve Level 3 technical issues according to prioritization schedule under applicable Customer SLAs
- Assist other developers with any technical and procedural challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product management to continuously improve the quality of products
- Participate in calls with India-based development and support teams, as needed, to oversee resolution of priority issues (morning or evening as necessary)
- Proactively participate with other members of the Customer Support Team to develop and refine workflows and processes to achieve increased call avoidance, improved product use and decreased end-user downtime
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years of software development experience
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience with technical support/contact center enterprise support
- Experience developing enterprise applications, preferably for use by large health plans or health providers
- Deep technology experience, including ASP.Net, MVC, C#.Net, SQL Server 2008, and SQL Server 2012
- Debugging skills on IIS SQL Server
- Effective problem solving experiences with understanding of client impact
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills -- using tact, courtesy and diplomacy with clients, coworkers, colleagues and supervisors – with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning
- Proven ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience
- Strong analytic, strategic, and reasoning skills
- Ability to understand business process flows and identify gaps
- Experience in enabling and managing change preferred
- Improvement-oriented, self-motivated, creative and capable of demonstrating leadership and motivation in the face of challenging situations
- Excels in a fast pace, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, including identification, solutions, and implementations
- Exceptional customer service orientation: dedicated and passionate about customer satisfaction and success
- An understanding of HIPAA regulations desired
BACKGROUND CHECKS/FEDERAL HEALTHCARE PROGRAM EXCLUSION LISTS SCREENING
Candidates for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, including drug-screening. All Altruista Health employees are subject to monthly screening to ensure that they have not been excluded from the Federal Healthcare Programs (using the OIG and GSA Exclusion Lists). The Company’s pre-employment background check and OIG/GSA Exclusion Lists screening program is administered in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
Position is located at the Company’s headquarters in Reston, VA.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Altruista Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.