At UWM, our Database Developers support all stages of application and database development. You will get to design the conceptual, logical and physical data models necessary to support our OLTP and OLAP systems. Plus, you will work together with a team of data warehouse and database architecture experts to gather requirements and complete technical challenges. This is a great opportunity to show off your skills as an industry guru in database creation and performance.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU Required:
- Collaborating with your team on the design of new data models, analytics and data architectures
- Working through the entire software development lifecycle of creating database objects and reports
- Streamlining data flow and architecture processes to improve accuracy, viability and value
- Communicating complex technical issues and solutions in a clear, simple and understandable way
- Working on projects that support the ongoing development and growth of our operational and analytical systems
- Tuning database performance
- Troubleshooting production errors that occur
- Computer-related degree or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in relational database development that includes the development of views, stored procedures and SQL queries from scratch
- Strong ETL and data architecture experience
- Comfortable performing code / design reviews and providing constructive feedback
- Experience with performace tuning SQL queries for either Applications or Reports
- Strong problem solving mentality, Self-motivated and c omfortable in a fast-moving environment
- Onsite, full-time attendance
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- Experience with Talend and/or PowerBI
- Data streaming experience
- Mortgage or financial services industry experience
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise exposure
- Experience developing within a data warehouse environment
- Performed data modeling and / or experience working with data models
- Experience working in an Agile software evironment
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor caf with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!