VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Database Developer I
to support the USCG Engineered System Support Services
(ESSS) for Asset Logistics Management Information System (ALMIS) at the USCG Aviation Logistics Center (ALC) in Elizabeth City NC
- Salary: dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: Must be eligible for a secret clearance
- Location: Elizabeth City, NC (100% onsite work)
- The Database Specialist is responsible for developing and; implementing databases; including back end rules and procedures; data scripts; security; access; and documentation
- Participates in the design; coding; enhancement and of relational databases in a client/server environment
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data structure
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements; data relationships and attributes; data flow and storage requirements; and data output and reporting capabilities
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality
- Creates test plans and completes pre-production testing with user for modified rules, procedures and front end applications
- Assignments may include design and maintenance of data dictionaries; database structure and layout; developing, modifying and testing rules and procedures in a transactional database; creating SQL scripts to modify or create data in a transactional database
- Designs; implements; and maintains complex databases; access methods; access time; device allocation; validation checks; organization; protection and security; documentation; and statistical methods
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies; development methodologies; backend programming languages (e.g.; SQL)
- Stays current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements and maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Manage all changes to data dictionaries; and entity relationship diagrams for the ALMIS and CG-LIMS systems and related sub-systems
- Author internal validation documentation to include; but not limited to; technical specifications; special instructions; and regression test plans
- Develop and maintain database objects; to include coding; table structures; procedures; views; indexes; and constraints in support of overall asset management within; but not limited to; Ingres; Oracle;
- 1+ years of related database analysis and/or database development experience
- Must be eligible for a secret clearance
- Experience with SQL required
- Experience with Oracle and/or Ingres databases required. Familiarity with USCG ALMIS/ACMS/EAL and/or CGLIMS helpful
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience
- Must have the ability to transport laptop/work equipment to and from work and home in order to support remote work, if required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.