Business Group Highlights Defense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. Responsibilities
Designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management. Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases. Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements. Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation. Evaluates, sizes and selects technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and application databases. Writes and tunes SQL queries for performance and scalability. Implements comprehensive backup and database replication solutions. Qualifications
Has over 10 years of experience and a MA/MS degree.
Typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. A Senior labor category may oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Must have a current TS/SCI clearance.
Bachelor of Science Degree or higher computer science, statistics, or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) curriculum with 2 years relevant experience (0 years with Master of Science Degree, 0 years with PhD) with strong analytical and computing skills. Candidates with an additional 3 years of relevant experience may be considered for a Principal position
Desired Skills / Attributes:
- Experience with designing, developing and managing enterprise-level databases using relational dabased such as SQL Server or MySQL
- Experience with Data Warehouse, Data Management Reporting including dashboard development.
- Experience with ETL tools like MSFT SSIS, Informatica, Pentaho
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Strong understanding of data engineering, structure, formatting, conditioning and analysis.
- Knowledge of database tools and current data science processes.
- Full-stack development experience.
- Experience with improving performance on enterprise applications with large data
- Experience in Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development frameworks
- Thorough/Working knowledge of research designs.
- Thorough/Working knowledge of collection methods, capabilities and tasking process.
- Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO
Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).