Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country's most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research's open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 780*** We are offering a Sign-on bonus if hired ***
Riverside Research is seeking a Database Engineer to support the development of a Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) transitional modernized database for foundational military intelligence (FMI). The Database Engineer will work as part of an integrated team consisting of ISR mission subject matter experts, data modelers, data scientists, and application testers to create and implement a comprehensive, scalable, flexible, and rigorous artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML)-ready analytic data environment. This position requires occasional travel to gain an understanding of customer challenges and the complex environment in which they operate. Candidate can sit in Dayton, OH location OR work out of Centreville, VA location.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship. This position offers some Telework capability but must be able to go into either Dayton OH, Centreville VA, Charlottesville, VA or Patrick AFB, FL. Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and engineering of the transitional Modernized Integrated Database (MIDB)
- Design and develop database schemas and maintain database users
- Design and develop database objects including stored procedures, functions, triggers and views
- Complete actual data scrubbing and database administration work to geographically replicate data to address latency issues and availability within the transitional MIDB database
- Monitor performance, scalability, and security
- Support the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process within DIA for the transition MIDB database
- Other duties as assigned
- Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication and ability/willingness to complete a CI polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information technology, physics, mathematics, or related fields
- At least 5 years of experience
- Ability to operate in an agile software development environment
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, responsible team player able to work independently with minimal daily direction; effective/efficient written/verbal communication skills in fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Master's degree in engineering, physics, computer science, information technology, mathematics, or related fields
- Professional certifications such as Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate, Oracle Certified Professional Certification (OCP), CompTIA Security+ (DoD 8570 compliant), AWS Solution Architect-Associate, AWS Database Specialty Certification, AWS Cloud Practioner, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check. Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: