Database Engineer 4Location:
Riverton, UTStart Date:
Sep 10, 2019
Apply Now Sign Up For Job Alerts Email Job Refer a Friend Apply with LinkedIn Job Description:
Database Engineer 4
12-24 month contract
This is a contract position that is responsible for the systems and infrastructure which support a product. They are involved in the prepare and commit phase as they help the solution team identify viable designs and products. They are responsible for documenting the systems components of the business, information, application, and technical architectures, with most of their work being in the latter two. They are responsible for creating and documenting the detail design for the system and transitioning the project moves into the create and production phase.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel. Responsibilities
- Configure and maintain the database software
- Create data structure
- Analyze and protect data, including troubleshooting, backups, security processes/configuration
- Design and develop both data services and data integrations
- Fulfill technical lead role for engineering solutions
- Evaluate, recommend, purchase, install, test, upgrade, and maintain existing or proposed systems to structure and access database
- Create standards and procedures for operations teams
- Analyze database systems problems and provide problem resolution
- Respond to security issues and requests
- Assist with production documentation
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience. Master's degree preferred.
- 6+ years relevant professional experience
- 3+ years of experience supporting product development activities and be capable of guiding technology decisions.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with T-SQL or PL/SQL
- Must be able to demonstrate enterprise-level modeling ability
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge in field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments
- Experience working in a structured large-scale operational environment
- Experience with Change, Incident, and Problem management processes
- Awareness of the business processes being supported by the solution
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com