At United Wholesale Mortgage, finding a better way is something we do every day. As a Database Engineer (DBE), you'll ensure we're making the best possible use of our tooling, and help our clients become more efficient every day. We operate in an agile environment with rapid changes and improvements deployed to our systems every day. An expert like yourself will help us design and execute on those improvements, will take the whole organization to the next level. The Database Engineer (DBE) is a key resource in providing technical leadership and support on all the stages of database architecture, implementation, and database-related operational support.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU Required:
- Influence the engineering team roadmap towards building systems that are scalable, easy to use, and resilient
- Capacity planning for large and dynamic highly transactional databases
- Drive and oversee workload analysis, performance benchmarking, and troubleshooting efforts
- Identify and work on technical debt and process improvement
- Develop documentation and diagram standards for as built and new systems.
- Design, implement and maintain database security based on company policy, best practices, and regulatory requirements
- Lead strategic data architecture & database design discussions with application teams
- Work with the development teams to ensure a solid understanding of the existing application and database requirements. Configure database structures and parameters accordingly
- Provide solutions to development teams to guide implementation of architectural needs. Drive innovation where solutions are needed.
- Resolve database performance issues using all available tooling and take corrective actions when necessary
- Communicate to stakeholders, technical teams, and leaders in a consistent manner, making complex technical issues and solutions clear, simple and understandable
- Possess overall understanding of IT architecture, infrastructure standards, database platforms and programming languages and tools
- Technical resource as it relates to database physical data storage, maintenance and security
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of data management and governance.
- Ability to produce clear documentation around reoccurring processes
- Forward thinking, proactive approach to monitoring all databases
- Ability to provide accurate resource and capacity planning
- Manage backup and disaster recovery plans for all databases
- Tier 2 support for the Database Administration team
- Installation and configuration of new databases instances, conducting upgrades, and patching applications when appropriate
- 5+ years of experience in database administration/database engineer roles in a clustered/high-availability environment
- SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 or above Database Administration and Management
- Proven track record managing multiple database instances simultaneously
- Experience administering mission-critical transactional and decision support databases required
- Experience with SQL Server High Availability technologies
- Experience with SSIS and other ETL application support
- Experience with setup and maintenance of SQL Server transactional and snapshot replication
- Provide after-hours support when necessary.
- A deep understanding and working knowledge of SQL Server Availability groups, Windows Failover clustering
- A general knowledge of the various types data stores: relational, data warehouse, file stores etc.
- Experience coding in T-SQL, or similar
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience migrating databases from on-prem to cloud or running in a hybrid cloud environment
- Experience with agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- Computer-related degree or equivalent
- SQL Server 2014 Database Administration and Management
- MCDBA certification
- SSAS and SSRS administration experience
- Experience in managing Windows servers a plus
- Experience in working cohesively with Enterprise Infrastructure teams
- Experience with utilizing database snapshots as a backup / restore strategy
- Familiarity with data warehouse architectures
- Familiarity with data encryption technologies
- Experience with PowerShell for automation
- Knowledge of using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Redshift, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with others internally and externally
- Experience with MongoDB, Kafka, Redis or other NoSQL technologies
- Understanding of the Enterprise services space, particularly database and analytics
- Experience influencing product development and working development teams
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion.
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
- Working knowledge of Redgate tools and Source Control.
- Domain knowledge of Distributed SOA Architecture
- Experience in mentoring junior DBA's
- Experience with Cloud technology - Azure/AWS
- Knowledge of Data governance, big data
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor cafe with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!