Job ID: 2111940 Location:
OFFUTT AFB , NE , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCIPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC has a new opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer in Omaha, NE providing database and system engineering support to the U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) Mission Assurance Division and the Defense Critical Infrastructure Program (DCIP). The successful applicant will provide solutions to a wide range of complex and technically challenging classified work. Solutions must be imaginative, innovative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with USSTRATCOM's objectives. Additionally, the successful applicant must have the ability to work proactively, independently, and as a member of a highly effective technical team while developing innovative solutions. Qualified candidates must be currently eligible for TS/SCI security clearance.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Database entiy-relationship (ER) modeling in support of the Development of the Strategic Mission Assurance Data System (SMADS) web application which is used by Armed Services, Combatant Commands, DoD Agencies and other organizations to manage Mission Assurance-related assets of importance
- Refine SMADS requirements through analysis and elicitation
- Implement Oracle Data Definition Languange (DDL) changes to database tables, views, and PL/SQL code objects using SQL scripts
- Manage Oracle Scheduler jobs for automatic data processing
- PL/SQL coding of triggers, packages, functions and procedures to implement SMADS business logic
- Build SQL queries in support of Mission Assurance-related tasks
- Interacting with ESIR ArcGIS to display SMADS data on a map
- Component and system test planning, verification, and validation
- Troubleshooting/resolution of operational issues affecting SMADS
- Work with database administration team regarding system management, backup, security configuration and upgrades of the SMADS database
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience or 13 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field. Relevant experience or certification may qualify in lieu of a degree.
- Experience developing logical and physical Entity-Relationship database models.
- Experience developing complex SQL queries.
- Experience programming in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Must be US CItizen
- Must have TS Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Experience with web application development
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.