Are you a Database Engineerlooking for an opportunity for growth in an industry-leading company? Full-Time position with a national Inc. 5000 SaaS Healthcare Software Company that was named #1 in KLAS for the Revenue Cycle - Chargemaster Management category!
We are one of the fastest-growing companies in America, recognized 4x by Inc. Magazine, Vitalware is a national software company in the healthcare space. We are a fast, flexible, energetic team driving innovation in healthcare. As a Database Engineer, you will develop, maintain, and monitor our Elasticsearch clustered environment. You will use the Kibana tool to navigate your elastic stack and work closely with our development team doing projects solving business needs, helping to create architecture designs for the developers for future projects, and determining how we can use Elasticsearch to grow our tools for our clients. If you have 3+ years of Elasticsearch, 4+ years of experience with SQL Server and working with a high transaction OLTP environment with 4+ TB in size, you go to the top of the list! We want to talk to you and see if it is a fit for both of us.
PS Our culture and work environment are legendary, which means people love us and stay! Let s talk.
This Database Engineer (DBE) supports the IT department and will work side by side with the development teams to implement database solutions for long term scalability, reliability and performance in a multi-platform, SaaS environment, leveraging both RDBMS &/or NoSQL Solutions. The DBE will be responsible for researching and developing new technologies and approaches for building highly available data persistent systems. This position takes direction from the Manager Data Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience with developing, maintaining, monitoring, tuning/optimizing and troubleshooting Elasticsearch cluster environments.
- Advise on and implement the best practices for business in each phase of an Elasticsearch cluster lifecycle: Planning, Provisioning, Tuning, Upgrading.
- Work with the development team to automate and innovate new approaches driving scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Domain experience in Elasticsearch and the use of Kibana.
- FTS and how it differs from indexing technologies like Elasticsearch/Lucene.
- Thorough understanding of NoSQL technologies.
- Support the integration and data migration of complex databases.
- Design, implement and enhance ETL processes.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL systems such as SQL Server 2017, MongoDB, Elasticsearch.
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
- Experience working in a high availability environment.
- Excellent logical and problem-solving abilities.
- Solve business needs with short-term deliverables, while constantly improving and moving towards long-term architectural goals.
- Ensure database is operational and provides valid and relevant data.
- Guide our efforts in all areas of database design, performance, and reliability.
- Participate in code reviews that include DB changes.
- Encourage best practices on all database projects across multiple teams.
- Integrate new products and software packages and ensure data produced is accurate.
- SQL optimization experience is a plus (Index optimization strategies, Data normalization/de-normalization strategies, Plan analysis, Recompilation, Caching and buffering, Optimization tools, Statistics, and their role).
- Train other employees within the organization on how to access databases and make the best use of content.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Be proactive in keeping your skills up to date with the latest technologies.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with Elasticsearch.
- 4+ years of experience with SQL Server.
- 4+ years of experience with high transaction OLTP environment with 4+ TB in size.
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced/mission-critical environment.
- Experience with TSQL language and stored procedures, jobs, etc.
Experience with SQL Server transactional replication, Indexing strategies and maintenance, Backup and recovery models, Multi-Node Clustering and high availability, Disaster Recovery, Performance tuning.
Skill and Ability Requirements
- Be thorough about all tasks and conduct tests as needed to ensure the job is well done.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a collaborative team environment.