SAIC is seeking a Database Engineer Lead shall be primarily responsible for leading the analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment, and shall also ensure the activities undertaken in the other relevant Tasks support a well designed and implemented data environment.
Establishes database management systems, standards, requirements, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design and architecture, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
Specific responsibilities of the Database Engineer include working with clients to translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the client's entity relationship and flow of data including:
- Developing the appropriate database framework to convert the logical model into a physical model including the creation and maintenance of schemas containing windows
- Screens, tables and columns and reports that support the model; and making recommendations to maximize operating efficiency
- Support storage requirements and vendor software updates, enforce data governance, ensure recovery is maintained.
- Participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in client server environment.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence. Often heads one or more departments. Qualifications
It is required that the Database Engineer Lead has the following qualifications:
- Active TS/SCI and willing and able to obtain a CI Poly.
- A minimum of eight years of experience with SQL Service or PostgreSQL.
- A minimum of eight years of experience with complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, and views.
- A minimum of three years of experience with Sybase.
- Amazon Web Services(AWS) Certified Cloud Practitioner certification.
- Master's degree.
- Possess the following certifications:
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) II Certification including Security+
- Experience in non-relational databases such as NoSQL WideTable.
- Experience with scaling complex and high volume relational databases.
- Experience with database administration and security.
- Experience using conceptual data models to inform accurate, effective, and efficient database design.
- Experience with cloud development and Agile processes and tools.
My SAIC Benefits.