Business Group Highlights Defense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. Responsibilities
- Develops computer systems that address business requirements and aligns to system architecture standards.
- Provides technical support for system analysis and technical requirements. Provides system assessments and recommendations for technology requirements.
- Manages database creation and maintenance, testing emerging technologies into existing system configurations and integrating all systems peripherals for efficient and trouble-free operation.
- Establishes and documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Maintains and administers systems that aggregate data and provides reports in support of contracts, financial management, performance management, information management, communications, and other organizational support systems.
Secret secruity clearance or higher
BA/BS + 10 years of relevant experience or Master's + 5 years of experience.
Oracle v12 or greater to include installation, configuration, and application of security controls. Oracle databases and PL/SQL development
Knowledge and experience with some of the tools from the following list:
• Apache Tika
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Azure or Amazon Web Services; Software implementation within Federal Cloud environment
• Tumbleweed, SSL Certificates, and PIV authentication
• Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008R2 - installation, configuration, and application of security controls
• Oracle v 12 or greater - to include installation, configuration, and application of DHS security controls
• Oracle databases and PL/SQL development
• .NET/.NET CF, C#, and Visual Basic .NET
• NetApps Hardware
• Networking, VLANS, DNS, NIPRNet, web proxy, routing, and tracing traffic
• Microsoft Visual Studio Professional Edition
• PDFNET Core SDK for Windows
• Dell Hardware, blade servers, Chassis, network fabrics, and Equallogic storage About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).