SAIC is looking for team members to support the Joint Electronic Warfare Center (JEWC) to develop a Joint electromagnetic spectrum (EMS) Information, Analysis and Fusion (JEMSIAF) activity that will provide Joint Force Commander (JFC) elements and Service units the authoritative technical and operational information required to achieve EMS superiority and conduct EMS operations.
JEWC is a subordinate component of United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) and the positions are located at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, in San Antonio, Texas. JEWC is tasked with providing engineering analytics, modeling, simulation, and assessments that support the planning and execution of Joint Force Commander (JFC) electronic warfare operations.
The long-term goal of this effort is to develop, archive, and disseminate the authoritative technical and operational information that enables JFCs to achieve EMS superiority and EMS control across all operational domains (air, ground, maritime, space, and cyber) and operational functions (e.g. intelligence, logistics, targeting, communications, and information operations).
To accomplish this, the JEWC must perform full spectrum engineering analytics, modeling, simulation, and assessments of EMS dependent systems to determine systems' interactions with each other and the physical environment. The JEWC will combine and integrate information with data obtained from other organizations' activities. Respective domains provide the JFC and Service units the information needed to achieve a holistic approach to EMS superiority and EMS control. To support data archiving and dissemination, the JEWC must establish an infrastructure to archive operationally relevant EMS-related products and develop a web presence for JFC elements and Service units to access products. The JEWC must continuously gather and determine needs for stored and observed EMS data, platform and performance EMS data, Joint Spectrum Data Repository (JSDR) services, modeling and simulation tools, graphic user interfaces, visualization, multi-level security, data handling, fusion tools, and organizational connectivity.
The candidate for this position works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious, applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts, contributes to development of new principles and concepts, participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives, and recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
The Database Manager/Administrator:
Establishes database management systems, standards, requirements, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design and architecture, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy. Specific responsibilities of the Database Engineer include working with clients to translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the client's entity relationship and flow of data including: developing the appropriate database framework to convert the logical model into a physical model including the creation and maintenance of schemas containing windows, screens, tables and columns and reports that support the model; and making recommendations to maximize operating efficiency, support storage requirements and vendor software updates, enforce data governance, ensure recovery is maintained. Also, participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in client server environment. Qualifications STRONGLY PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
STRONGLY DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An active TS clearance, with TS/SCI Eligibility
- Bachelor's degree in in IT, computer science, related field, or STEM program.
- 12 years of combined experience with network database design, test, and operations.
- Knowledge of SQL databases: MySQL, SQL Server, PostresDB, MariaDB, Amazon Aurora.
- Knowledge of NOSQL databases: MongoDB, Accumulo, Cassandra, Redis, Neo4J, Apache Elasticache, DynamoDB.
- Knowledge of machine learning toolsets: Machine Learning, Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe2, Apache MXNet.
- Two of the following certifications: MSCA - Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, SQL 2016 Database Administration, Office 365, Cloud Platform, Linus on Azure, and Machine Learning.
- Master's degree in in IT, computer science, related field, or STEM program.
- 15 years of combined experience with network database design, test, and operations.
- Experience with SQL databases: MySQL, SQL Server, PostresDB, MariaDB, Amazon Aurora.
- Experience with NOSQL databases: MongoDB, Accumulo, Cassandra, Redis, Neo4J, Apache Elasticache, DynamoDB.
- Experience with machine learning toolsets: Machine Learning, Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe2, Apache MXNet.
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), Object Oriented Database Management Systems (OODBMS) and XML database management systems
- Three or more certifications in: MSCA - Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, SQL 2016 Database Administration, Office 365, Cloud Platform, Linus on Azure, and Machine Learning.
My SAIC Benefits.