Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
SAIC is currently seeking a motivated Database Programmer
to join our team in Omaha, NE. Responsibilities include:
Qualifications REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTS:
- Participates in client/project meeting(s) for highly complex project definition, needs assessment and design review. Evaluates the needs and requirements of the users and provides technical expertise in the development of technical, structural and organizational specifications. Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization.
- Designs, develops, and integrates highly complex database systems for internal and external users/clients.
- Creates, documents and implements standards and/or complex modeling to monitor and enhance the capacity and performance of the database. Codes complex programs and derives logical processes on technical platforms. Designs user interfaces and business application prototypes.
- Performs complex analyses and reviews applications being released into production. Develops and oversees the implementation of test application code in client server environments to ensure that software conforms to build management practices.
- Remains abreast of and analyzes new and emerging technologies and tools for applicability to field. Prepares recommendations and presentation to management.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in engineering, computer science, business administration, software engineering or related field Required Skills:
- 9 or more years of database engineering, design, development experience
- Experience working with relational data modeling
- Experience working with relational databases such as SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience working with database development methodologies, design and implementation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills Desired Requirements:
- Experience with numerical weather predictions systems like GFS, WRF, MM5, or the UK Met Office Model
- Experience/understanding of Air Force weather forecasting operations
- Experience with the Air Force CDFS-II cloud analysis and forecasting system
- Familiarity with meteorological data formats like METAR, GriB, GriB2, and NetCDF
- Must be a ====
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance
Secret Clearance preferred
#AirForce #Army #SAIC
My SAIC Benefits.